Has anybody seen black line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Junior42, May 16, 2008.

1. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I would like to have some black colored line. But have never seen it before.

2. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I remember growing up as a kid about 40 years ago, seeing black braided line on dads fly reels. Don't know anything else about it though.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Some braided line is black, like fireline. Never seen any black mono...

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    just like Mike said Fireline is available in black (smoke) color, but is prone to fading over time of usage. You can bring back the color using a black magic marker.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The only really black line I remember is an old time braid - probably Dacron.
    Like the others said, Fireline is close.

Why do you want black, anyway?

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If its for that Glowstick I have some 30# Big Game Electric Blue I'll put on it for you. Thats what I'm gonna do on mine when I put the reel on it. It'll match the colors perfect!!!:wink::big_smile:

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Lindgren-Pitman makes black monofilament line, but the lightest black line they have is 200lb test.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! I could see him getting maybe 30-40 yards of that on the reel. Sorry to laugh but the pic in my head is just too funny!!!:smile2:

Thanks for the info Griz!!!:wink::big_smile:.....Now If I ever need any I know where/who makes it.:wink:

9. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    To match one of my black poles.

10. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I would like to have some of it on that reel. Next time we get together I will remind you.

11. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I might get 30 yards on it. lol:smile2::smile2:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Hopefully we'll go Friday. Just remind me and we'll spool you up with it, no problem at all for my Little Bro!!! Its a little stiffer than the Cajun Red you use but I have some stuff to spray on it that'll help and after you use it 2-3 times It'll be fine. Key is to have a lot of tension when you spool it like we did friday with that CR.:wink::big_smile:

Or you can come down anytime and we can do it, I'll also show you that trick to spooling line with the phone book by yourself.:wink: I'm hoping we go Friday if only for a couple or 3 hours.....:wink:

13. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
    I had some, dont remember the maker. okomoto or sunline i think. I have used all white line too. from japanese makers.

14. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I can remember my first casting rod was spooled with Black Dacron line, I did not see mono for those reels until years later.

15. stone

stone New Member

State:
    CA
  16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i have 3 spools of black braided nylon from the 40s or 50s that i got in a box of fishing reels i bought at auction.i think its 20 lb.test but may be degraded to point of not useing.

17. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    If you looking for mono line check out the ande line at bass pro. Its called gunmetal grey, but it looks black.