Has anybody fished Bartlett yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by tdpasser, Apr 11, 2008.

1. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Has anybody fished Bartlett with the high water? Just wondering about the temp, it's gonna take a lot longer to warm up and get the cat's a jumping. We get the 90s soon, come on summer. I recall good years at 68 percent full but 100 percent this will be new for me.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    hey im not familiar with bartlet is it a good lake

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey Terry,
    What up dude? I am hoping to get out this weekend. Fishing should be good... Your right about 90-100%.. The lake is very unfamiliar.. but, the level should be down soon enough...

I expect some good reports from Bartlet real soon..
    Good luck>
    ~A

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Hi Andy,
    Been busy working but I need to feel a good runner. I saw your huge cat from Roosy. I can't believe it's not the state record I've never seen any thing in AZ that looks quite that big. Wonder if you girls were there.

Last year was so low and way too hot of a temp I believe the water was 92.
    The bait was deep and no runs despite being in what looked like a killer area across from the launch fishing between the island with rigs out in a variety of depths but thinking back the flats were probably way deep.

This is gonna be a good year I'm glad we got the water.

Horseshoe was once a great crappie and flattie lake with it being full I wonder what's in that lake. I believe it came from 2 percent. If you see me and my boys on the lake say hi. Wish you good luck. td

5. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Matt I think Bartlett would be quite a drive for you but yes it's a fun lake doesn't have the monster flats but still my favorite.