Has any1 else noticed?

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by calihookem, Jul 21, 2009.

1. calihookem

calihookem New Member

State:
    California
    Every summer i go back to wisconsin to visit family and fish. But i hAve noticed the last couple of years, a increasing populattion of bullheads. Its really frustrating when your trying to catch the game fish such as perch and walleye and you keep catching bullhead, little ones. It seem like there was an infestation because it wasnt like this 5 years ago. Has any1 noticed this? and Y do you think this happend?

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Not too sure, but keep them and use them for bait for them flatties! Welcome to the BOC!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin.

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    welcome to the Boc

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kevin Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading your post.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    sounds like theres been a large removeal of your bigger flatheads and waleyes.they are the fish that feed heavy on the bull heads.

7. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Hi and welcome to BoC

8. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin.
    The Chippewa indians won a court case several years ago that reinstated hunting and fishing rights under an old treaty. The area ceded to them covers approximately the northern third of the state. Each spring, while the fish are spawning, tribal members spear walleyes and muskies at night using boats equipped with spotlights. They have depleted the number of fish in these lakes to the point that sport fisherman are faced with reduced bag limits. With the lower populations of predators, prey fish nmbers are rising dramatically in some lakes.

A steady job and the love of a good woman have been the ruination of many a good fisherman

9. knockdownducks

knockdownducks New Member

State:
    La Crosse, Wisc
    not sure they do make great bait, west has nailed it but, the bigger ones are also great eaters, so maybe in a few years you will have some great bullheading, i wanted to try and find a lake that was pretty close to my house so me and the family could go and have a little cookout when i dont have anything going in the big water, but if i dont have anything going the kids are loading the boat as i pull in the drive so they can go to the big water, but hey im on a tangent welcome aboard........

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  10. bowlaj

bowlaj New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    anyplace closer than 50 miles from Milwaukee?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  11. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    There's great catfishing on Beaver Dam Lake in Dodge county, and also Tichigan Lake and Fox River in Racine county.

12. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Yea so what????????