Has any one ever used camo wraps or similar?

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Whistling Dixie, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    As many of you know from my previous post, I have a new boat on order. The only hiccup I see so far is that the motor I've selected, an e-tec 150 salt water series, is white and I have a camo boat. Has anyone ever used some of that Camo Wrap tape or a similar product? Once applied is it removable? Any informatin would be greatly appreciated.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I did a motor cowl and upper unit in Camo Clad around 8 years ago (bought it through Cabelas)
    Also did part of my boat and its' still on there in good shape.
    It was still on the motor and looked fine until I blew the lower unit and replaced the motor.

You wouldnt want to try and take it back off. I think they do have a removeable type also though.

3. Whistling Dixie

Whistling Dixie New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank you for the feedback, I was curious how long it would stay attached, obviously quite a while.

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I have done lettering etc...on vehicles with that nylon sign material. It can be lazer cut by the shop. You apply it with soapy water underneath so you can slide it into the correct position, then squeegy thewater r out from underneath and it dries in place. It is available in tons of colors. You could express you "artistic" side and make a camo pattern. It can be removed by using a hair drier and pulling off slowly. It leaves very little residue. Might be worth a shot, at the very least you could tone it down to a more neutral color.

Richard

5. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    They might have a tarp cover with elastic, kind of like a shower cap, or funiture cover but for your motor as well..........just a thought.