Has any one ever fished at cataract falls

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishhunter17, Jul 27, 2006.

1. catfishhunter17

catfishhunter17 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i was wondering what bait to use there

thanx,
    jr

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Every time I go there it gets all blurry...LOL Sorry I am out of line. Any live bait should work. :confused2:

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I just fish the upper and lower falls like any place else. you can start with your faorite bait worms,minnows,cut bait,stink, dip, or what ever. I have never had a lot of luck around the falls but have seen some nice catchs come from there.

4. catfishhunter17

catfishhunter17 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I;m 17 years old only been there about five times ,but the first time i went there my buddies pole shot off into the water just below the lower falls.Ever since then i have been tring to catch mobey dick. lol but anyway i'd like to chat sometime about your experiences at cataract falls

thanx,
    JR :big_smile:

5. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cataract yields huge cats, but none with my name on it. I'd like to fish the lower falls more often. If I get out there in the near future, maybe Labor Day weekend, I'll post a report.

6. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Me, my son, and TBischof fished there last Sunday night. Used gills, shad, and catalpa worms. Tim caught two channels...the biggest was 8 1/2 lbs. I had a nice run that I think was a nice flattie....but I missed it (was falling asleep..haha). There are some nice catfish there. Be prepared for a hike though and pack light. There is a path that goes off to the left that will take you down to the water, so that you dont have to climb the rocks. It is a nice place to fish, but it does get a lot of pressure.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Sorry off the subject a little but how do you get to the paking lot on the north side of the dam to fish the lake from shore? I have fished from the south side but it is a long walk down the hill from the car.

Now that taken care of you might try the spill way at the dam. Take sr 42 to the dam, just before the parking lot is a road off to the left, go down this road and find the parking lot and shelter area. good luck.

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have fished there countless times and have caught Flatheads,channels,bass,crappie,bluegill, carp, and 1 sucker all out of the lower falls.. seems to have decent channels in it and every now and then some flattys... but the main lake has some monsters in it... I had family that lived out that way and with every trip i would stop at the lower falls........ But i went fishing with Tim lastnight Scott and he caught all the fish... i was just there as support...lol

9. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was enjoyable fishing with you Shane.

Was not able to add any fish after the 3 channels caught early on.

10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i guess im just good luck for others i fish with.. bymyself i useally catch a few, but with someone else i never do... lol.... that last one was a decent fish