has any one been snaggin on truman in the past week??

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by duckgetr, Apr 2, 2008.

1. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hows the snaggin been. I haven't been able to go lately and the weather has been rough down there. was wondering if anyone has done any good lately? Have the water temps came up much in the past week?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I had planed to go yesterday and today but with the rains we had on Monday we cancelled. Nevada got 5-7 inchs, not sure what we got but it rained all day. I think Truman is at over 717 today, 11 feet above normal pool. Lots of water and debris will be on the upper osage.
    Best bet will be on LOZ. Some have been catching them in front of the old oar house inn at the 81 mm.

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Thanks for the report Troy. We had planned on heading down to Tablerock this weekend and the following weekend, but looks like we might have to change our minds and head up to The Oar House. They are starting to catch some nice bills in that area.

I've never snagged up at LoZ before so it will be a new experience for us. :tounge_out:

4. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri
    Looks like my crew might head to LOZ too. Whats a good ramp to put in at there? Never snagged there before. Any tips would be great.

Josh

5. osage

osage New Member

State:
    Grain Valley Mo.
    My buddy caught one last Sat. that went 80# Up by 65 bridge. my other buddy said he saw at least one fish on almost every boat we will be there Saturday around the oar house should be three of us in a tracker pro crappie with a 50hp:big_smile:

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Well good luck anybody that goes. We will for sure be fishing up there on the 19th and maybe the weekend before on the 12th. Tablerock is really high still so I will probably try to find a room at the Oar House or in Warsaw on the 12th and try our hand at snagging up there on LoZ.

7. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I"ll be down by the oar house pullin on a stick this weekend. might have to try driften for some blue's, also

8. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri
    I'll be near the oar house this weekend also. We'll be there all weekend. 3 of us will be in a 16 foot lowe V bottom with a 70 hp merc.

Josh

9. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri
    Snagged in front of the oar house Fri night and in the tournament Sat. Caught 2 50's and a 65 lb on fri night. Didn't have any luck Sat in the tourny. Was gonna stay Sat night but someone decided to hit and run my 11 day old new truck while I was out fishing. Smashed the whole tailgate in, hopefully he hit it with his outboard and has to pay more than my deductible.:angry:

No pics on the bills, have video but noe sure how to post it.

Josh

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    that's the way it goes Jagerace! I went to Alton Dam on the Mississippi and snagged a bunch of asian carp Saturday with a buddy. That was a blast and I was wore plum out after hauling those in all day long. Today I took a guy down to Tablerock and we got skunked. The one time I take somebody new down there, I freaking got skunked. The last time I got skunked was several years ago. :confused2:

11. ccso639

ccso639 New Member

State:
    Cass Couty, MO
    Went snaggin on Sunday at Warsaw and got two 40 lbers near 85MM. We marked a lot of fish and almost every boat had 1-2 tied on. The Oar House was busy, little too busy for my liking. BTW th two we caught were in about 25-30 ft of water. The water temp as 49 degrees. I will be back to Warsaw the 15th with 2 first-timers. Wish us luck. Kyle:big_smile:

12. bookr1

bookr1 New Member

State:
    MO
    Does anyone know if there's any places to snag from the bank at either LOZ or Truman? Thanks

13. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Pay $5 and you can snag right below the Hwy 65 bridge on LoZ from the Roadhouse dock. On Truman, I hear they snag from the bank at the Tarberville Bridge boat access and up on the Schell Osage Conservation area.

14. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We snagged at the 71mm on Fri. and Sat. One of the guys snagged a 60# in the first 3 pulls. Couldn't hardly believe it. We ended up catching a 30, 48, 52, 58, 60, and a 66. I saw one boat on Friday that 7 tied to there boat and the same boat had 6 on Sat. Looked like everyone had fish Sat. morning. When we went over the bridge at Warsaw on the way home it looked like a war zone with all the boat traffic. It wasn't near that bad where we were at.