Has Any body been having any luck on, Richland Chambers Lately?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TX Fisherman, Dec 20, 2006.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has Anybody had any luck on richland chambers lately, i havent been in a while and i wanted to know if anyone has had any luck.

2. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Have not fished it since last year, but RC may be one of the best cat lakes in north Texas for 10 lbs and under fish. The number of blue and channel cats that can be caught there is staggering. The lake is not that old (less 20 years), lots of structure, sever dropoffs, etc. It is about 12 foot low right now, if fishing from bank you might want to find out a thing or two about where you can fish. If from a boat, check on open ramps. Either way, lots of cats can be caught.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/richland_chambers/

3. bobcat

bobcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just got back from RC today. Lake is steadly going down at a little over 11 feet low.:sad2: You can't hardly see the water for the rising land. Fisherman's Point just finished dredging their cove so should be able to get out there. I also heard that Oak Cove is either dredging or going to dredge this week? If you go watch out for all the timber that is beginng to come out of the water. Mainly in the normal traveled routes. I also heard today that the TRWD is beginning to have pumping problems ( intake beginning to suck air due to low water) Not many people on the lake. Did not see or hear any boats today? Though I would throw this your way. Hope you have dry boats and many bites:smile2:

4. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ya I have it's great for crappie and catfish!:tounge_out:

5. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    JT, neither of us caught any crappie... though are friend did... (he had a big one too :big_smile: but you did catch like a 10 pounder by the dam

6. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    o yeah, we follow the river channels to try and stay away from the timber, thnks:big_smile: