Harvey County West

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by toolmaan, Jul 20, 2008.

1. toolmaan

toolmaan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Anyone ever fished Harvey County West? I think I am gonna head out there tonight. Gonna take some shad gizzard and some chicken liver and see what I can come up with.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Jermey I'm not sure where that lake is,but good luck and welcome to the BOC..!

3. toolmaan

toolmaan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well we went out to Harvey County west and caught some fish. This lake is very heavy with turtles. We first went one night last week me and my son spent about 3 hours out there, caught 2 turtles and 1, 2 lb channel cat. This past weekend camped out there. Caught a few more turtles, and about 4 small channel cats, all about 2 to 3 lbs. I hear the little arkansas flows right next to the lake. I see a dam there and heard from a few guys there is some huge ones at the bottom of the dam. I'll probably head out there sometime in the next couple of weeks and see how the fishing is near that dam. BTW, anyone ever cook up turtles? At one point I swear we saw at least 50 turtles heads popping up probably looking for our bait.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Turtles are good eating. You have to be sure to get all the fat off the meat though. I think most people boil them for a while and then fry it up in a little oil. Check out the turtle section for more info.

5. tn_5568

tn_5568 New Member

State:
    kansas
    i have fished there a couple of times and just caught a few small ones. i think it gets fished pretty heavy. i bet at the river dam would be better.