Harvey County East Flatheads????

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kscatman76, Jun 20, 2008.

1. kscatman76

kscatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Guys,
    I've been fishing the tar out of harvey county and do real well on channels and the other night i saw some guys flinging some big perch.......does anyone know if there are flatheads in there for sure? Great little lake if no one has been there.
    thanks,
    travis

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks

3. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    WELL I'VE FISHED THE EAST LAKE FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS, I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FLATHEAD. GOT 3 NICE CHANNELS UP THER LAST SATURDAY. THE WEST LAKE MAY HAVE FLATS, BUT THE LITTLE ARKANSAS GOES THRU THE PARK, AND THERE ARE FLATS IN THE LITTLE RIVER, SO THATS THE FLATS THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT RWG :big_smile:

4. kscatman76

kscatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    thanks for the help guys, i've been getting mixed answers on the flatheads up there at east. one bait shop says yes, the other says no but, they both sell big bait..........who knows. sure is some nice channels in there though.
    travis

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Post some pics of those channels. :big_smile:

6. kscatman76

kscatman76 New Member

State:
    kansas
    went up there friday evening and caught 17 channels and a few other fish as well. didn't get to try for flatties, but the channel action was fast and furious.
    T

7. toolmaan

toolmaan New Member

State:
    Kansas

Where exactly were you catching all the channel cat? I camped there this past weekend and only caught a couple of channel about 15" long. I was using shad gizzard.

8. leftylady14

leftylady14 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I too have fished Harvey County East (and West) for many years and am unaware of any Flatheads in East Lake. There are some folks who like to use perch out there to catch the larger Channel Cats.
    Harvey County West has Flathead both in the river and in the lake itself. The lake and river become one when the Little Ark floods high enough.