Harvest time

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by misterwhisker, Nov 19, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Even thou some dedicated hunters hunt all day, and some only in the morning, and some in the evening....what would be your favorite time to hunt deer and why?

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    for me it's muleys , i like hunt'n early in the morn'n at day break catch the deer head'n back to there bedding areas . then about 2 pm i like to be out the reast of the day catching deer moveing from up high to lower grounds and bedding again til it's time to move and go feed . i usally pattern them a month in advance and watch them til my season comes to see if they have changed on me . and finally i would have to hunt the rutt does are prime'n the big boys come from up high catch them in areas were you wouldn't , there more vaurnable and not as cautious as if i was hunt'n them in a early season .

good thread !!! reps too ya .

3. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Well it depends on weather conditions for me. If the weather is pretty I like to hunt mornings and evenings. if the weather is rotten raining I like to hunt from about 8:00A.M. till 4:00 P.M. if I'm lucky enough to get to hunt on snow I like to start early and stay late. To sum it up I hunt most of the day regardless of weather.

4. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I hunt mostly afternoon and evenings. Just not much of a morning guy though it seems like I see more game on the days that I can drag myself out of bed. Nothing worse than having to climb down from your stand and take a C _ _ P! Which is what happens to me far to often if I hunt mornings.
    The other thing is that I don't hang many stands. I carry my stand in with me most of the time and rarely set the same tree twice in a season. Kind of a pain trying to find a tree and hang a stand on a cold dark morning.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The more time you spend in the woods the better your odds . Most people can't kill them from the couch but there is a few that do .

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I agree some what...but to much time in the same spot will put out to much of your scent...a good hunter should have several spots..according the wind is right to hunt them...some guys beat them selfs as soon as they head into the woods.