Harvard mine Jamestown California

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by vini, Jul 6, 2008.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I went to this mine while up in the motherlode checking out places to dredge it was to say the least, quite spectacular !! hope the video works had some problems with it yesterday.

http://crackle.com/c/Reality/Harvard_Mine/2329540#ml=fu%3d2109298%26fx%3d

The mountain that I mention being the tailings is some of the tailings most of the ore as transported and processed in another location.

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I had a 3 inch for awhile got all the bugs out and ended up selling it, just in time too the motor threw a rod after the guy took it out for the first time, he still got a good deal money wise.

So now I have another used dredge that a freind gave to me he's into metal detecting now and wasn't going to be using it. I spent several weekends last month dredging the heck out of a spot I have been working all winter I moved a LOT of that creek and got a bunch of nice gold. So finally things started fouling up and then a major break in the rewind pulley after a back lash on the pull cord so put it in the shop for overhaul and am ready to get it into the big river here very soon.

The piece of quart with the gold in it is a piece I found metal detecting on an ore pile in Mariposa, my first specimen gold in quartz.

Attached Files:

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Nice Vini. You'll be into your own mother load in no time.

Get up with me when you want to sell some of that yellow stuff

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Bob still not even enough to sell LOL I may have a 1/4 oz but I have a feeling this will be a better year.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I know how hard it is to come by, and the work involved to recover it.

Just keep me in mind when you do hit it.

Bob

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I will Bob

Hey is this the Bob who had the floating air pump and underwater metal detector? that used to post here? If so I have some questions for you .

Bob I do know of a guy here that wants to sell gold he sells panning bags but also has quite a bit of flake gold , pickers and some nuggets that he sells in our buddys mining shop here I believe for about $30 a gram.

PM me and i'll check back tomorrow or sometime soon and give you my number we can talk and i'll find out more.

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    HAH YEAH THATS THE BOB I KNOW HEH HEH Great talking to you Bob