Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MUDHOLE KID, Aug 18, 2005.

1. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I thought I start a thread here for the Hartwell men.I 've been home from surgery for a few hours.I'm sore like I've never been.I just wanting to check in right quick and get a report.You fellers slowed down with the new switch.I was reallt wanting to fish Sat,but It's looking like I may be layed up.If my posy don't make sense,it's the pain killers.Look foward to hearing of a big flathead dudes. :sick-big:

2. Bank Catter

Bank Catter New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Hey, I'm new to catfishing and to this board. I've learned alot since I've been lurking the past month (and back fishing after twenty years!).

Question: Is there any place where I can catch herring on a rod & reel?

I work 15 min from the Hartwell dam and I live on the six and twenty creek near across from Charlie T's. I've tried cut bream, but I haven't had alot of success (except from turtles). I'd prefer to catch my own bait -if possible.

I don't have a boat.

Thanks for your help!

Bank Catter

3. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I think your best bet would be with a cast net.I don't think you'll have much luck catching our blueback on r + r.These aren't as big as the skipjack that are caught near dams in Tenn.I always buy my herring.They'll run you about 6.30 a dozen that's including tax.I get mine at Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine at hwy 187 and hwy 24 .I also get them at the Bait Shop on hwy 24.Unless you're on the herring catching them can be a waste of time.I fish with two more men that have had good luck at clemson catching them in a cast net.Most of the herring sold around here are netted below Russell Dam on Clark Hill.

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    bank catter when i go fishing off the bank and got time you can go to white city park bridge. hang lantern off the bridge and wait bout an hr there should be bait there you can catch on a sabiki rig but not sure bout this time of yr. be careful on the bridge thought that rd has been getting more busy than it use to be prob. why i dont do it as much. i think the bait shop on 24 has lowered the price of their bait. it seems to live alot better than hartwell marine i guess cause it isnt in a air conditioned building.