Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something that bugs me..........

I fish this lake a lot and I put up more than my share of reports. I don't give out locations, but it aint to hard to figure out if ya live here. What gets me is that there are a good number of people who come on here just to get the reports. And yea,,,I'm talking mostly about the tournament guys.

So, what I'm gonna do is not report. Why ? because I don't think its fair to work my arse off for them to only come on here and read mine. There is a good number of folks that fish here but they don't write reports...heck, they don't even thank you for the info, LOL.

Maybe in some eyes I am over reacting and if you feel that way I'm sorry. If ya know me, ya know I'll say what's on my mind and that's what's on it ; )

What I'm prolly gonna do is report once a month. I'll still be around here all the time to REPLY and THANK others for their posts.

While I'm at it I also wanna thank the other folks ( and there are a lot of you ) that put up their reports. You folks are what make the BoC what it is today ; )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nannypatrol..........it was a pleasure meeting you at the landing yesterday, I'm glad ya come up to me and introduced yourself. We will have to get out some time to fish that other lake we were talking about ; )

My above post had nothing at all to do with you.....just wanted to make sure ya knew that.

Friday morning Flatheadslayer1 is gonna be the first person to fish on my boat with me. I'm lookin forward to it....ya'll wish us luck ; ) We will prolly write something brief about the trip.

-Jim-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well you asked for it... so I'll let you know how I feel. We used to report every week and most of the time we were reporting about the area in the lake that you now fish exclusively. For years we posted reports, and now it gets fished almost everyday and the reason you started going there was because of us. Not trying to start a fight here, but don't act like you are the only one that gives information on the site. Trust me, no one in the tournament comes on here to see where JimmyJohnny is fishing that week.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea, ya think ????? What on earth makes you think I didn't fish 12-mile before I found the BoC. That's about retarded..... you cant take credit for anything I do...period. The only one that stepped up to the plate when I asked info on Hartwell was Chris Simpson...and he doesn't even live here.

If ya need proof that I've been fishing there I can arrange it by BoC members I brought here. It aint my lake but its my choice to report or not. I know what I see, and that's members who fish the lake but never report......do you see other reports ????

BTW, where are your reports then ?? Like you said, you report then everyone else will fish there, I can understand that. But one thing here is that I've never seen your screen name with a report so I obviously didn't get anything from you....or you changed it for some reason or another.

Sorry to make it sound like "all" tournament guys do this, my bad choice of words there....But I know for sure of a few that do it. You may not know it nor do I care to explain any further.

I don't only fish 12-mile...only in my boat. I do fish with 3 others around the lake. I wouldn't mind getting in on the tournaments more this year...I'll have to see how that goes. Again, sorry to make it sound like all them guys...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
This is definitely a sensitive & controversial subject. Undoubtedly, and ultimately, somebody is gonna get their panties in a wad, and then the thread will get deleted. If you've been a member long enough you will get to know that people come and go: initially some make many posts with lots of specifics, and then details become fewer, and then they post less, and then they either fade into the ether to reappear now and then, or they just disappear completely. Some people post on a regular basis with very general info; while some seldom post any results but they continually ask for information. And a large number of people (members, but mostly guests) just lurk in the background to find out where the action is. I've been a member for a few years, and have had the good fortune to meet, and fish with, several other members, many of whom do not post as much as they used to (for their own reasons). I've fished with JJ numerous times, and know him to be as hard-working fisherman as any, willing to help out anyone at any time as he is able. There is no need to get up all in his face just because he is expressing himself. That is what a forum is for.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm not really sure what your upset about here. Me and greg,flathead7, used to report on here 4 or 5 times a week. This is back when we cut our teeth on Lake hartwell. We're talking about when the BOC was first founded; long before you became a member, actually long before chris simpson had ever even fished hartwell. We actually talked with him and gave him advice for some of his first trips up here.

We'd report every fish we caught all summer long. I don't do that now b/c it doesn't really seem pertitent as it once did since fishing is so much easier for us after learning the lake. I do post reports when we have really good or interesting trips.

So, if you aren't talking about me in particular, I'm not really sure who you are talking about b/c no one else really gets on this forum that fishes in any Hartwell tournaments.

Anyways, if you don't want to report your trip, don't. If you do, then do. It's really just a way to show off your catch to everyone. I have no problem with it either way. I love to read fishing reports and see people with huge fish, but if you are under the impression that you are doing some kind of "work" for us tournament fishermen by giving out a report you couldn't be more wrong.

And a report for you....

We had 62lb in 5 fish this weekend with a 22lb blue being our best fish. I didn't make a post on this mainly because we didn't take any pictures. That was good enough for 2nd place. The winner had 85lb in 5 fish, all blues, fishing down below I-85.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I hope all ya quit reporting about all the big fish you're catching. Makes me feel bad. (jk)

Lake Wateree is so jammed up with folks fishn for catfish due to reports. I can't even get to my favorite hole. Last yr i had a game warden check us and when he asked had we had any luck, Seth opened the cooler. We had been on a role and was keeping fish for someone. Him being a catfisherman ask me not to betelling people how i was catching them. I don't think he was joking. He knew once the word gets out that the crowds would come and the next thing you know you'll be looking for another catfish lake.

I know, Wateree is a big lake with thousands of catfish in it. But, with catfish leaving the lake and none being put back in, well its like a bank account.

·
Registered
47 Posts
JimmyJonny -

You seem to think mighty highly of yourself. Believe in conspiracies much?

Only way I would be stealing your spots was if I didnt have a boat to fish considering you bank fished up until this past 6 months. Just saying..

It is funny that you started fishing 12 mile by reading Treys and Chris Simpson's posts and now you claim that as your waters... Get real.

·
Registered
439 Posts
JJ I hate to see you stop posting, I look forward to em. But I do understand. Looking forward to Friday, weather looks descent and it is supposed to warm back up a little. See you then!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drew....

Where does it say anything at all about stealing my spots ???? You need to learn how to read what is in front of you. Ya'll need to get a life and stop thinking your so high and mighty....not me. Where does it say ANYTHING about me starting to fish Hartwell after talking to Chris, Trey, or you????

Please, by all means, show me a post where Trey, Curly, or Moe has helped me out on their posts. You come show us all here where anyone showed me where 12-mile was for the first time...LOL,,,thats some funny stuff there !!!!! What's next, you bait my hooks, filled the lake back up, stocked the lake...get all the credit you possibly can. Try fishing and putting up good reports instead of just reading them.

Ya'lls post were worthless from what I've read. Yas talked more crap than fishing since I've been here. The only reason your here now is prolly because you buddies called you up about my post.

What you don't know is that when I stop posting a lot of people Pm me and ask me if everything is ok and why I'm not posting. Instead of answering each one individually I wrote this post to pre-explain myself. And my reason for not posting is because no-one else on Hartwell does, so, why should I help out when no one else is willing to ??????

I don't claim any water my own, you can blow it up all ya want. And yea, I did bank fish, so what, I did dam good too, and it sure aint because of anyone's help......only trial, error, and my hard work did it. And honestly I only fished in the one spot is because I had hip surgery and couldn't hardly walk. At least there I could drive down and fish, and I could take my kids. Before that I fished and literally walked miles around the woods and rocks of Hartwell.

The shores of 12-mile have been linned with bank fishermen for well over the 11 years I've fished it. Guess why ? because there is fish in there. That's the reason I fished there, and that's before I came to the BoC. After a while I decided to hunt bigger fish..and I did. I have asked questions but I never got answers from any of you.

I would love to see some proof of me fishing because of Chris or anyone else. I also fished Saluda river and Keowee...ya want credit for those fish too ?

BTW...ya'll didn't mention that for your tourneys you fish here a lot....must not be too over fished. You see me around and I see you too. Don't forget I stopped at the tourney last year to see who is who and drives what boats ; )

-Jim-

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha. Im not asking for credit.

People have been fishing long before I have. I just dont like you taking credit for the success of other Hartwell fisherman when you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

We have been doing good on Hartwell for several years and I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with your fishing reports.

Feel free to stop posting if you want, It sure wont hurt my fishing productivity.

And what does that mean.. That you stopped at the tourney? Lay off the :liquor:

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve, it is lookin good so far......it's even gonna be warmer than this past week......man I froze the other night, LOL. The bait in my tank is rockin but I took the herring out. I'll net us some if we decide that we want to use them.

If folks need help/advice, just Pm me, I just wont be publicly reporting my trips is all ; )

-Jim-

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha. Im not asking for credit.

People have been fishing long before I have. I just dont like you taking credit for the success of other Hartwell fisherman when you dont have a clue what you are talking about.

We have been doing good on Hartwell for several years and I can guarantee you that it has nothing to do with your fishing reports.

Feel free to stop posting if you want, It sure wont hurt my fishing productivity.

And what does that mean.. That you stopped at the tourney? Lay off the :liquor:
Taking what and who's credit....other fishermen ?????? what other fishermen have helped me out there.

For once SHOW ME PROOF !!!!!!! Why do you think I'm taking someone else's credit ? You cant prove it can ya....my posts are all here....look em all up...every last one of them, then show something,,,anything...please.

If I caught fish because of ya'll I would be fishin up by the bridge where you guys go ; )

Oh and just for the record.......I was fishing long before you were even born, I don't need anything you have to offer me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok, I'm going to answer this and try to keep things civil.

For starters, I have no problem with you. However, it seemed as though you attacked me in your first post considering I am the only person from the tournament who ever gets on this forum.

Back before you were a part of this forum I posted reports just like you do now, maybe even more so. Every single time I fished I came on here and told everyone about my trip. Why don't I do that now? Maybe b/c I graduated college and have a job/family now and don't have that much time to
A. Fish
B. get on here and post about it.

Another reason is that you aren't allowed to talk about tournaments in this forum anymore, which is why we quit posting about it. Every post we would make would get deleted.

What I don't understand is why it upsets you that I don't post reports every week? I've actually been catfishing on Hartwell a grand total of 5 times this year. I think 3 of those 5 trips a post got started on here with pictures of our results.

If you have the time to fish more frequently, and post on here about it; great! But why does it bother you that other people don't have the time or feel the need to do so?

I'm going to be honest here and correct me if I am wrong. I'm not trying to start a fight, but from the sound of your post this is what I made of it....

You think that me or maybe some other ppl I'm unaware of, are getting on here, looking at your posts of the fish you catch, and using that info in a catfish tournament for their gain? The question I ask is what info are you giving us that we can use???

Do we fish up 12 mile... yes, along with about half of other tournament boats this time of year. Mainly because they're fish up there. That has nothing to do with any information you've ever given on here. And in fact, if you go back and read the boc archives from before you joined, you'll see where we frequently reported our success fishing up 12 mile and actually gave away specific locations that produced fish more so than others.

So why get your panties in a wad and tell people you aren't going to post anymore because us tournament fisherman are using your reports and not giving anything back?

Go fishing, catch big fish, post pictures of them on here if your so inclined, but seriously, stop it with the soap box stuff.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Am I crazy.. or did you not insinuate in your first post that people were using your fishing reports to find fish and win tournaments?

Ok.. just checking.

There is my proof that you are "taking credit". Happy?
Where in this quote does it say that. Actually I thought I wrote it pretty honest and what was on my mind......

My quote:

Ok Drew, here is my quote:

I fish this lake a lot and I put up more than my share of reports. I don't give out locations, but it aint to hard to figure out if ya live here. What gets me is that there are a good number of people who come on here just to get the reports. And yea,,,I'm talking mostly about the tournament guys.

So, what I'm gonna do is not report. Why ? because I don't think its fair to work my arse off for them to only come on here and read mine. There is a good number of folks that fish here but they don't write reports...heck, they don't even thank you for the info, LOL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Didnt say anything about people winning because of me...thats just crazy. So no,,,I'm not happ with your proof.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, I come on here to see if I could find some info on Hartwell since I have never catfished it before,I'm not sure if it's safe to come over and fish it. Yall don't shoot at people if they are accidently sitting in your hole do ya:laugh1:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.