Hartwell Stripers

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by katdaddy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. katdaddy

katdaddy New Member

State:
    anderson sc
    Hey guys I know I cant be the only Striper fisherman in here if anyone else fishes for this reel screaming stump pulling beast give me a holler I want to catch a trophy fish at least 45lbs not to much to ask for lol seriously any info on your catches would be appreciated I search the lake extensively for this elusive fish I have caught a few but no real hawgs lost a few that pulled like top fuel dragsters I never even slowed them down.

2. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Hey Chris,I'll let you know about Dec.Use to be when the weather got right they would be monsters in the back of Coneross and 12 Mile.I caught a sure enough monster in there one year in Dec.They just come up and roll on the bait.It's cool to see a 30-40 lb fish come up on bait and roll in slow-mo.That's the only time I even try to catch one. :D It's got to get colder though.

3. katdaddy

katdaddy New Member

State:
    anderson sc
    Hey Joey thanks for the info.I catch alot in the early spring nite fishing under white city park bridge.Goodluck this weekend wish i could go but this working for a living thing keeps interfearing with my fishing after this coldfront passes maybe the bite will really turn on as the water temp drops.Ohyea how much did that flathead weigh in your member photo and were did you catch it I am guessing Santee? We go down there every year the week of the fourth of july mainly drift the canal always catch over 100 fish for the entire week CPR only! Keep up the post on all your results and lookout for CUZ'BOAT in a cove near you.

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    katdaddy i have been acouple of times the past couple of weeks after cats or stripers up around coneross with not much luck i have had my best luck from 18 mile creek to cherry crossing from nov. till march.

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    It would scare you to death at the number of huge flatheads and blues in that area.

6. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
  7. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Fred I fish alot from twin lake to clemson.Alot of big fish in the section between twin lakes and cherry crossing.I caught 2 of my 30lbers out of Martin Creek this year.I fish from twin lakes to Issaqeena.I need to start venturing off in the big water some this year,need to exspand my fishing territory. :D

8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Hey, guys, I would definitely like to learn how to catch some stripers too. Can they be caught on cut bait, or just live bait? And can you drift for them, or do you have to troll with downriggers or planer boards?

9. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    the stripers can be caught all sorts of diff ways. mainly depends on time of year. right now live bait or jigging works well. spring the cut bait bite turns on esp. way up the rivers and through out the summer the cut bait works well on deep water humps.