Hartwell - Martin Creek Area

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Apr 28, 2009.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Got on the water at 4 AM, no BB herring to be seen. Caught a lot of shad 3 to 4 inches, also had bream from yesterday. Fished several coves on Martin Creek managed 4 stripers 3 to 5 lbs, and 2 flatheads, 5 lbs and 7 lbs. Thought for sure with the overcast skies this morning it would have produced more fish, but I guess it was better than being at work. Flatheads preferred the bream. I think when the army corps starts pulling water again the current will help the fishing.

Water temp 70 degrees with clear visibility.

2. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Also saw that SCDHEC has posted several fish advisory signs for the fish caught on the upper end of lake hartwell. The advisory stated not to eat any fish from the Twelve mile, seneca river, coneross portions of the lake, as PCB's have been found in these fish. The lower part of the lake, you should only eat 1 meal per month of stripers, hybrids, largemouth, and catfish.

I don't know much about these PCB's but it must be pretty serious as 3 boat ramps I stopped at today all had these signs posted.

Steve