Hartwell Lake Fishing Reports

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catchaser1, Dec 23, 2009.

1. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Seems the old thread is gone, where is everybody at? Im fixing to start hitting it hard! Anyone got any reports?

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Brad I haven't been out much this month other than Striper fishin. With the holidays and all I had to kick back for awhile. I got the boat running so I will be out as much as I can after Friday.

The last cat I got was out towards Friendship a week or so ago and it was around #10. Water temps dropped to the mid-40's.

Tims old shop, the bait shop, has no news on cats but they are now carrying gizzards that are in the 4' range. Brian also said he might bring in threadfins which will be nice during the kill off if ya don't wanna net any. They also have a monthly 3 fish species contest going on too,,,I may enter it some time for the fun of it.

I'll get on them soon, if I do I'll post it up ; )

Happy holidays,
    -Jim-

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    sounds good Jim, thanks for the info!

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I made it out 2 times this week but them fish whopped me. Threw gizzards, herring, and bream at them but I only got a few hits.

I just went to the 12-mile area and I didn't go far from the ramp. There is a new hawk, a really big one over there now. He swooped up and good size fish in front of me...really cool sight.

Hopefully before long I can get out there at night...you know how Hartwell is on daytime fishin ; (

5. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    U boy's must be on them bigtime. No talk at all about Hartwell at all or are u fishing another lake?????:quiet::quiet::quiet:

6. slojam

slojam New Member

State:
    scarolina
    suspect you're right,about the 1st sentence :)

7. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    :quiet:Can't really say

8. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Havent been fishing much this winter, I do miss it alot. Hartwell is slam full, and I should be out there!

9. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    We went out yesterday and caught 20 slabs before dark. That was the first time I've been on the lake since this fall. We're going to Lake Marion this year from March 26-30th. Hopefully that'll be the start to good cattin season for us.