Hartwell: Feast or Famine!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadsalyer1, Jan 16, 2010.

1. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    OK guys I have fished Hartwell for the last 4 days, the fish are stacked up, but they aint bitin jack! Got in on some stripes yesterday while cattin and managed 11 stripes all less than 10 lbs. in less than 15' of water. Conditions are right, but it just aint happening. Water temp from 39 to 43 fished from 6' to 60'. If someone finds em please let me know, It's personal now!!!! LOL

2. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Oh and the herring and shad are thick in the mouths to the backs of the creeks in the main lake.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    LOL.............. It ain't funny but it kinda is because I'm going through the same thing. Guess it feels better knowing it ain't just me. In fact, it's everyone here Steve...even the Striper guys are scratching their heads. StriperSteve and I went to Broyles today to see the Striper weigh in...I think 23# or something took home $1,200,,,that's pretty bad for Hartwell Stripers.

I went out t 3am Friday morning. Weather guesser said it was gonna be in the 30's...........yea right ; ( Ended up being 28* with "freezing fog "......that explains it all. I froze my arse off big time. I tried drifting in the dark alone but it wasn't easy, ya couldn't see through the fog. As soon as I set bait on the cut table it froze in a flash. I was white from the fog ice on me.....man did that suck, LOL.

All I found was small fish but I cant go but about a mile away and I can't mark fish either ; ( That's the only day Ive been out in the last 2 weeks. To many bills to pay but we about have it whooped now so I wanna fish more.

CJim and I might go tomorrow but that depends on the wind after this storm...it don't look good so far. I'm ready to hit it during the week already...I have gas and the boat is hooked up and waiting ; )

I'm gonna look for your phone number to try and call ya. ll we can do is work together and hope we can figure something out.Your welcome to ride with me but its not like I know where they are, LOL. I actually need to get bait too...my tank is empty atm.

Glad to see ya giving it hell...most would have gave up already ; ) Ole Hartwell...ya gotta love er. I can't Pmout atm because it says I need to turn it on...but where to do that, I have no idea.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    OK, my Pm is workin now ; )

I didn't go to church of fishing yesterday. The wife has been real sick for 4 days now so I stayed home and took care of my yahoo's.

Weather shouldn't be as bad Tuesday morning so I'm outta here to fish the dark hours. I did find your phone number ; )