Hartwell - Fat Cat

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by StankBaitHooker, Jan 8, 2009.

1. StankBaitHooker

StankBaitHooker New Member

State:
    Clemson SC
    Finally went out today to try and get at some of thoes big blues we got swimming in hartwell, water is disgustingly low but that didnt seem to have an affect on this guy biting. Sat for about an hour and 45 minutes while we were just talkin about moving and how much of a bad idea it was to fish this location we choosed and then it happen, from the corner of my eye i see my friend Nick AKA 'themasterbaiter' rod bounce, nice fight it was, exciting to watch, i had to assist him with mouthing the big pig, he chomped on me a few good times enough to draw blood, (forgot the gloves) soon as i got a good grip on his mouth he spat the hook, one more second and this guy would have been just another story....Not sure what his weight was because we had no scale but he was heavy, guestimation somewhere in the 30 lb range. Plus he was really a grandpa of cats, blind in both eyes, amazing what thoes whiskers can seek out. Fillet of bluegill was bait of choice.

Attached Files:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats!! Nice cat! :cool2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Nice catch! Thanks for the report. Hartwell has some nice cats for sure.

4. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Congrats on the nice fish.:smile2:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We caught a big channel this year that was blind in both eyes. He was VERY HEALTHY otherwise. Yes, it is amazing how they cope with life blind, but they do. NICE fish, BTW!!!!
    Bill in SC

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Thats a good un, congrats!!

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice catch!! I love those slam downs when nothing has happened for a while, that's why we go!!!:wink:

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Bout time you went fishin slacker.......maybe seeing that fish will light the fire under your arse.

I'm fishing tonight and I aint gotta be no where till Monday evening.....truck is loaded up already and I'm heading out at 2am.

You have the cell number and home #....use it, LOL. Don't make me put up pics to make you wanna go, LOL.

Good to see your still around bro.....call when ya can.

-Jim-

9. StankBaitHooker

StankBaitHooker New Member

State:
    Clemson SC
    Will do Jim, that fish sure did light a fire under me, went today for about 4 hours and nothing, funny how the luck goes, otherwise i really will give you a call sometime soon though, feel like a jerk waiting this long but we'll catch up shortly.

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good report, congrats on the catch. :big_smile: