Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joey and I, and a couple other buddies will be headed to Alabama next week to fish lake wheeler, and wilson for some big blues hopefully, so yall keep us in your prayers for a safe trip, and wish us luick, Thanks, Brad:wink::smile2:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
PUMPED!!!!

I think so.I just hope we can put 2 and 2 together. We've never been on these waters, so like Brad said with us luck and pray we get there and back safe. It's a long haul for the S.C. boys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have fished Wilson a few times and have done fair. Most of my fish were caught off of points. The lake is real deep and the bottom is featureless by the Pickwick dam. You can drift and do well or try and mark some underwater sturcture and fish this as well but it is difficult. We marked fish in 100+ feet of water hanging on a 1 foot hump. Talked to some guys last year that strictly followed the bait. If they were generating, the bait was close to the bottom and they fished close to the bottom. If they were not generating, the bait was suspended and they dropped baits just below the bait pods. They thought that it was stripers and found out that it was blues. One more tip, skipjack is the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
GOOD LUCT ON YOU TRAVEL AND HOPE YOU CATCH SOME GOOG OLD BIG'UMS PRAYERS FROM SO. ALABAMA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.