Hartwell Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sds888, May 10, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I would like to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the forum for awhile and it said I had to make 10 post before I could see attachments so I decided to post. I just moved to Townville and was wondering where the best bank fishing would be around here and what to use. I have a kayak that I take out every once in a while but mainly for panfish and crappie but I am thinking about taking it out for catfish as well any suggestions on that would be helpful to. Thanks
    Stephen

2. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    oh also my wife and I want to go camping in a couple weeks any good state parks around here where I could do some fishing?
    Thanks
    Stephen

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    welcome, i never fish or camp that far down the lake i usually camp at twin lakes or oconee point on the seneca river arm. there is some good catfishing down that way but i cant help much on where.

4. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Welcome, I have never fish in SC but by some of the posts here it sounds like there in SC you could through your line into a puddle on the street and catch a catfish.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Welcome to the BOC, Stephen :smile2: I can't offer any advice as to good bank fishing spots, but there's lots of info on Hartwell here. You'll just have to spend some time reading thru it :lol: It's a beautiful lake, with lots of fish in it.

6. cleon

cleon New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Oconee point or Conneross are two good campgrounds for you to think about. I prefer Oconee Point, because it is more attractive and it has produced more fish for me. Anywhere on the campround is good for cats, but you may want to check out a map and see how the channel runs in that area. If you make a trip keep us posted on the results. Good luck.

7. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Thanks for all of the replies. How are yall fishing for the cats up on Oconee point and conross. I have tried the townville boat landing several times and noting I treid chicken livers and live bream. I think you can see oconnee point from the townville boat landing or maybe that is coneross oh well either way I live almost on the boat landing it is so easy to go a 1/4 mile and fish there but I am going to stop going there if i dont start catching something. I think my wife wants to go a little further away from home for the camping trip considering oconee point and coneross is both about five miles away.
    Thanks
    Stephen

8. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    If you're looking for channels i'd say try farther up the creek arms of the lake like maybe 12 mile park tugaloo. We always catch a ton of channels no matter where you fish way up the lake. When we fish the lower end, we hardly ever catch channels.

9. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Anyone ever tried up by the coneross creek bridge off of the bank?

10. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Go to Holder's landing if you want to make a trip!! Come right after they pump some water out of Keowee!! Thats when the monsters come out to play!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

11. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    thanks for the tip I will have to try it one night.
    Stephen