Harrods Creek

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Boondock, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    I am looking to discussing fishing holes along harrods creek via personal message or e mail. I am taking an 8 mile (maybe 17 mile) canoe trip saturday. I will be fishing the entire trip looking to gather any information on fishing holes and possible landmarks to look for along my journey.

Thanks in advance!

2. kvonn0001

kvonn0001 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey Boondock,
    Pls let us know how you do Saturday. I'm mainly a bank fisherman,&
    haven't figured a good access point for Harrod's Creek, so I can't
    help you w any info. I got skunked last Saturday at Falls of the Ohio,
    but that probably has more to do w water level.Good Luck,
    Kurt V.

3. cubacroc

cubacroc Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    You did not tell us which section of Harrods Creek you will be fishing.
    Reveal you access and take out points and we might be of more help.

4. Boondock

Boondock New Member

State:
    Harrods Creek, Kentucky
    I held off on the trip. I wanna wait for a day when the water wont be as cloudy. With all the rain we've had over the past few days the river is looking more chocolate like than water. Im open to fish any part of the 30 mile stretch of harrods creek from the ohio and up.

My access points are covered bridge road, state highway 1694, hwy 393, hwy 53 . I live on the ohio near the mouth of harrods creek so i will get dropped off at one of these points and go to the house or go from one point to another, and get picked up again.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    to be honest man, if its safe to float i would head out. cloudy water can be a half way good thing if it isn't up really high or to swift. especially when it comes to catfish, the eat according to smell and are opportunistic in their feeding more than predatory (accept the flat who is a fierce predatory fish w/ catfish tendencies between meals) in the way they approach their prey. after a good rain is when the easy food can be washed down to them, so they naturally are more prone to feed. JMO and experience.