Harrison Chasing records...or not

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Marvin Harrison last week overtook Andre Reed for fourth place in career all-time receptions with catch number 952. In the game against Houston he passed Art Monk in Fifth. He tied Faulk's record for most consecutive games with a reception to start a career. He is now in the top ten for all-time receiving yards and is now looking at being the fourth palyer in NFL history to reach 1000 career catches. Too bad He won't have the chance to get to number one on those records with Jerry Rice in the way, but it looks like he'll break that record of Faulk.

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL!! Let's see where do I start? Marvin Harrison holds so many records I have forgot most of them, but here are some for you to ponder... Marvins' 143 receptions in 2002 bested an NFL Record of Herman Moores' 123 receptions in 1995. Marvin Harrison is the only player in NFL History to have 100+ completions in four consecutive seasons.(1999-02) He has the longest active streak among players with receptions in his last 158 games and still counting. Marvin averaged 6.0 yards per reception (927 in 154 games) for a career and NFL best average in History. Marvin Harrison reached 600 receptions faster than any player in NFL History 102 games (Moore,118 games) He also reached 700 receptions faster than any player in NFL History 114 games. The previous holder of that record Jerry Rice 139 games.:cool2: Marvin has also bested Jerry Rice to 800 and 900 career receptions! Marvin got to 900 in 149 games, Rice did it in 168 games. So you said chasing records?? How bout setting records.:wink:

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yeah!!! What He Said.........ok, Manning Is A Choker ,harrison Is Second Rate Who Else On The Colts Suck I Guess Everybody Thats Why There 4 And 0.you Dont Have To Like Em But You Cant Slam Them.the Colts Have Proven They Are One Of The Best Teams In The League Year In And Year Out. You Cant Argue With That

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow, you guys need to chill. I make a post about Harrison's records and you guys jump all over me.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City

Check it out Ryan.....I only see harrison owning one record.....Hmmmmm so I guess He is chasing records http://www.nfl.com/history/randf/records/indiv/receiving

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    give the guy time he'll be there.he plays like he's been there before unlike some of these other idiots--.t.o. chad johnson to name a few

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    OK Ryan and Coltsfan, it is no secret to anyone and anyone who says different is an idiot or in denial that the COlts offense is outstanding. Manning is one of if the the best QB playign today. harrison has always been a great reciever, reminds me alot of Rice and Brown. The one reason why the COlts continue to get slammed is the same reason that marino and the Dolphins were slammed: where are the championships? In my opinion, they will not get the credit they deserve until there is a ring on their finger and the ring will not come until they sure up the Defense and it stays consistant.

8. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Brian,
    I agree with some of what You said. But ,I think that a lot of the reason the Colts get dogged is because of there Fans constantly trying to convince us they are the best ever. Harrison is a good WR BUT he is not and will NEVER be Jerry Freakin Rice. Heck did you watch MNF last night???? Rice came up in disscussion as the best football player ever, not just reciever but player.

9. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City

Kevin,
    Harrison is 34 years old, Do You really think He has enough time left?????

And right now I'd take CJ over Harrison, River dance and all!!!!

10. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    marvin harrison is not a better wide receiver than chad johnson just because he has one record."WHOA" big deal

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    last time I checked the Bengals had a loss. The Colts are 4-0:wink:

12. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I agree Brad there will never be another Jerry Rice.

13. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    Like It Or Not Records Are Made To Be Broken.rices Records Will Fall Whether It Will Be Harrison Or Not Only Time Will Tell.

14. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    By the time Marvin decides to retire he will have broken all the records out there for him to break and i see him breaking his own records a few times on the way........

15. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    harrison 10+years played 956 receps-12744 yards-110 td's
    rice 20 years played 1549 receps-22895 yards=197 td's
    he is on track but only time will tell.if he stays healthy he has a chance
    harrisons numbers include this years stats

16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I feel he can do it and i know other do too.. but you are right only time will tell.. it only takes a split second to change the future.....

17. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have never said the colts are the best ever.just tired of them being dogged all the time cause they havnt been to a super bowl.obviously that is the overall goal.the colts have been an elite team in the nfl for the past 5 years.they have done relly good things in the regular season just not in the playoffs.and as far as the rice deal,it will always be debateble.you can not say that one guy is the best ever cause of the generation gaps and style of football played etc.etc.rice has the numbers to back it up but if someone beats those numbers than you have to give it to him.everybody said that the home run record will never fall but unfortunatly it will but thats another argument

18. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Kevin,
    I wasn't talking about You. Unfortunatly I don't think You got to read that before it got edited and My hand got slapped. LOL There is another colts fan around here who likes to try to convince us of The GOAT thing

I understand What a good team the Colts are and what a fantastic talents both Manning and Harrison are. But I'm not ready to give them the greatest ever tags, you have to sustain the highest level of success for extended periods of time. Harrison and Manning have not done that to date.

Harrison has some pretty loft records to catch and three rings to get as well Check this out, I know it not the Colts but You gotta tip your hat
    http://www.jerryricefootball.com/

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Kind of true and not but don't baseball into something so silly. Everyone knows they Dr. the ball and lower the mound so the hitter has advantages. Now Everyone also knows that they keep making rules so the scores are higher in football. People love watching high scoring games. So your right you can't compare Rice to Harrison. Rice had to play in tougher conditions. If you ask me though colts wont be an elite team tell they win the SB. You want an elite team take the patriots. Why because they can win and get to the only game that counts. Tell then the colts are just another team with espn highlights come Sunday night. Oh and if your upset by the end of this.. Get of your butt and go fishing man.

20. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    you aint gonna piss me off ,just talking football . i think we can all agree that marino is one of the best qb's to play the game.he does not have a ring does that mean everything he did does not count.i dont think so.manning has time and the team to do it will it be this year i dont know.i hope so everybody can get off his back.he is the best qb in the game right know ring or not.