Harrisburg fishing tournament

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Jan 1, 2007.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Guys I have been ask to help out in putting some tournaments together around harrisburg. They will not be ACATS tournament just local saturday tournament with small entry fees for fun. They will be run by a local marina up there I"m looking to see what river you guys would think around there for catfish and who would be willing to fish them.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I don't know about the area, but if the dates fit in my schedule, I would be willingly to take a trip.

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tim: you only got one major river there !! and thats the Susquehanna River, nice size river but not alot of depth to it some areas can be accessed by boat and others you can't. That river has some flatheads in it and a good number of Channels.

I spent alot of time around the captail area and that river is good fishing. If you need any contacts to the fish or boats commission in that area let me know I am sure I can get one of the guys to talk to you about that river system.

4. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Tim,The susquehanna is definately the river you want around Harrisburg.It has good access,an outstanding population of channel cats and a growing population of flatheads.I think the flatheads would draw the most attention.The tailrace of york haven dam has a thriving population.I dont think many anglers know just how established they are.I bested my best for quality and quantity this past year.the channels have been driven away by the dominenent cat.Almost every cat you catch down there is a flathead.The forage base and habitat is extraordinary.There is a good launch into deep water on the east bank that would be perfect.The launch is known as falmouth its a PFBC launch.My dream is to become a cat fish guide like yourself.Something like this could be good for that.If there is anything i can do to help just let me know