Harris Lake Tomorrow Nite

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 01 Mudslinger, Jul 2, 2006.

1. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    well i went to harris lake today, done alittle fishing but mostly just out swimming and relaxing with the wife and a buddy of mine, tomorrow i will be goin back around 4 or so and fishing till dark for bass and crappie and then getting ready for some catfish at dusk and into the nite, just wondering if anybody knows how they been biting up there and some good hot spots to give a try, there was a guy at the ramp today with about 200+ lbs. of fish, alot of catfish and bookoos of crappie.So any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

2. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Oh Yea And What Seems To Be The Best Cat Bait To Use? If Ya Dont Mind Lettin Me Know All Yer Secrets. Hahaha

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Large unshelled Jumbo shrimp, large minnows, and shad.
    Facing the roped off area leading up to the dam fish the left hand bank close to the major point. The depth drops off quick there from a pebbly flat.
    Pulled a few up to 28 pounds from that area.

Try the right hand bank also. It is more rocky.

There is several railroad beds in the lake. You'll need a map to know where they are but the shallow one has produced at night.

Generally at night I'm looking for flats close to deep water.
    All of my big catfish on that lake have come from water 5 feet deep or less.

Go armed with several baits and be prepared to wait them out.
    Many nights I have sat without a bite until some insane hour like 4AM when they hit everything I've got in the water. The action being fast and furious for 45 minutes or so.

My biggest night there I came out with 52 pounds of filleted meat with just 3 of us fishing. Not bad for lake fishing.

During the day I've had real good luck fishing 15-20 foot of water on creek channel intersections and on the the drop offs from the large flats and points.

Fresh bait is key in my opinion.

4. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    APPRECIATE IT MAN, ill be up there tomorrow afternoon into the nite, anybody else thinking of goin, anybody know how the bite is.