Harper's fish...

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by GatorT, Jun 23, 2007.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    My dad and I are about to set out to 387 to catch Harper's fish. :lol::embarassed::wink:

I'll post my results in the morning. I'll post a pic of Harper's red circle hook as a trophy.:big_smile:

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Didn't do so well getting bait at the pond before we headed out. Couldn't go to 378 with out bait, so we went to the dam.

My dad was getting a bit disheartened - from not getting the bait we wanted at the pond, and then the battery on the bait tank was dead. So, since we were already at the dam trying to catch bait, he just wanted to stay and fish there. We'd have to save 378 for another night. So we stayed.

Did not have too hard of a time catching shad - couple throws and we had enough to last us all night. Anchored down at the dam first thing, caught one channel about 8 lb. We moved down to the shoals and the shallow water, caught five or six small cats. We moved back up to about 14 ft of water, just on the other side of the boat ramp, caught the rest, which ended up being 18 cats and one striper. The cats ranged from 1 lb to 8 lb, the best we could do. The stripper we didn't even weigh - he was 22 1/4 inches.

Sorry Harper, I wish I could have gotten up there to try and get your hook back. Maybe I'll have the kind of luck you did, and my wife won't mind me going two nights in a row, too - then I'll try for it tonight. But I doubt it. Some of us just don't have luck that good.:big_smile:

Fished from 8:30 pm -5:00 am. Eight and a half hours for 18 catfish! Not too good.

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ronnie dont sound to bad to me. Better than getting skunked.LOL