HarleyCat's New PB Smallie

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Oct 2, 2008.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He thought he had a monster cat but then reeled in bait..

Something good came out of the trip

Attached Files:

2. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    And you said he was faking the bite. :roll_eyes: You have anymore runs after Jim and I left?

3. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    nope.we stayed till 10;30 nice meeting you 2

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey thats a nice looking smallmouth. i hope he turned right back around and put him on the hook and tossed him out for a big flattie

5. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    no i couldnt do it.i put him back to be caught another day,im getting soft

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey theres nothing wrong with throwing a dandy bass back into the water. now maybe he will be nice and grow a few more pounds and let you catch him in a few years. i doubt it but hey! someday someone might very possibly have the joy of catching that nice bass. good job on cpring even the bass

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a nice looking fish, congrats and good luck

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Malcom dont know it.. But i used it as cut bait... HAHAHAHAHA:big_smile::cool2:

9. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    It was nice meeting you too Malcom, maybe next time we fish I will be a little better off with my hand/wrist so I can hold my pole and reel. Glad to see you catch that Smallmouth and that Channel that Shane caught before we left.

Maybe next time one or all of us will be holding up a Flat!

10. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The bigger smallies are waking up now-Catching nice ones while bait fishing.
    once in a while they'll also take your smaller gills intended for flatties. It's getting cold FAST guys!

11. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    It was nice meeting you too, hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon and land some flatties. I may have to rely on Shane sneaking off through the trees again though. :embarassed:

12. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    That was humorous, see a guy with 2 poles set up, then another pole about 50 - 60 yards away. And all of a sudden, he says shhhhh and off he goes running for his pole. Man, you are crazy Shane... I am deathly afraid of losing a pole, I am not brave enough to try that!

13. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don;t hold on to that thought of getting cold fast. because it appears it is supposed to be warming up here in another day or so. so that means its not going to get cold like we all thought it would two days ago

14. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    That's good to hear, one of the guys last night said something about 2 inches a show before Halloween. :eek:oooh:

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    HarleyCat that is a nice smallie. Smallmout sometimes fight harder than other species , that are much larger. WTG.

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    HAHAHAHA... I thought it was funning you refered to me as a " Mountain Goat " HAHAHAHAHA.. Yeah I tend to get a little brave sometimes and set a pole a good ways away... I plan on going back there again next week and My Catfish Paridise Hole... just dont know what day im going to try each hole..

17. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    ill be with you i hope i got to catch one more flatty this year

18. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Shane, I couldnt keep up with ya my friend. I am only a couple years older than you, but my big ole body cant handle that running and going up and down on that terrain. I was glad to see you come back carrying that channel cat though. And that was a very nice Smallmouth that Malcom had too. I really appreciate being able to fish with you guys, and to be part of the Brotherhood!

One of these days, one of these days... I will be able to stand along side ya'll with a nice Flat!

19. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice smallie! I've caught 3 over the past couple of years outta of White River that have been 19-20". They're one of my favorite fish to target.

20. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    What are area in the White are you fishing Rick? I see you are in Indianapolis....