Harlan County Reservoir

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by LiquidSteel, Jun 23, 2008.

1. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    My first trip ever was Back in May. The locals told me the water was up 17 feet. I had to ask "did you say 17 feet?" twice. I tried to upload some of my photos, but they are way too big. And I dont know how to resize them, but I do know that I will go back there again. I didnt see any cats, much less catch them. But there are some good size wipers, carp, and walleyes to be caught.

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Harlan has some nice cats in it to,and they usualy use chad for bait and drift:smile2:

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
  4. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    great pics Kenny Looks like you were over by Gremlin cove on the north side or Hunters, hard to beleive that there was a boat ramp in that area just two years ago All under water now. Which is a good thing I would like to get out that way myself soon. :cool2:

5. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Well looks like I get to go sooner than I thought an old buddy just invited me to go fishing with him at Harlan !!
    couldnt pass that up so hope the weather holds. We haven't fished together for more than 5 years so should be fun Have a safe weekend everyone. Catch a big one !! :sad2::smile2::smile2:

6. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Harlan County Res. is up and looks good, realy looks different than it did 2-3 years ago hope they don't have to let it all go down river. They are letting some water out and there are some fairly big fish being caught below the dam wipers and flatheads. The lake fishing was pretty slow few catfish , and some white bass. I couldnt catch a dam thing !! :angry: Sounded like if you wanted to go up river west of Alma ,thats where the better catfishing was we didn't go up that far. Carp are every where and thousands of them !! There was a 35# buffalo carp brought in Fri. And some guys are shooting them with there bows. And the scenery from the boat to the beach WOW !! Sure did help a guy take his mind off not being able to catch any fish !!:smile2: If the bikinis didn't do it the cold beer, and being with good friends would. Anyway was a great trip looking forward to going again. Hope everyone had a good week end. I had a BLAST !! :smile2::smile2::cool2: