Hardy lake - In Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catdaddy75, Mar 20, 2006.

1. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

anybody out there ever fish hardy lake or know anyone who does

2. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I've bluegill fished there years ago but that's it. I'm supposively going there this weekend to camp. Thought that I would throw a line or two off the dock just to see what happens. My boat isn't really big enuff for that lake. Usually just go to Deam's.

3. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I live about about 2 min. from Hardy lake, on the east side. Actually I think it takes me longer to hook my boat up that it does for me to drive down to the boat ramp. I have catfished it a few times with so-so results, but no big ones for me yet. I was told though that last week a guy down the road caught a few nice cats.

Gargoil, when you coming up? And where are you camping? If I have time this saturday maybe we can get together and fish for awhile. Don't worry about the boat, I got one we can use.

Let me know, and I will thaw out a bag of skips, or get some bait of some kind.

4. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

me and the wife went there this weekend was bassfishing though.caught a nice 3lber largemouth.it was a little cool was surprised to see all the boat traffic.do they always hammer up and down the lake like that?do you know any good crappie spots?seen alot of grass shoul be a good bluegill lake anyways

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Bob I'm either going down or I guess I should say up there either Friday night or Saturday afternoon. If I go up Friday then Saturday we can maybe fish. If I go up Saturday I'll be w/ a friend and she will probably complain that it's too cold to go on a boat. She hasn't camped in cold weather before.
    We drove up there Sunday cause she's never been there before and didn't know where it was. There was no one camping so it probably won't be hard to find me. Red truck. BOC logo in window.:) Hopefully TSS aroma lingering in the air. Stop in and say hello and drink a beer with me. Or soda. Be nice to meet another BOC memeber.

6. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Gargoil -

I was informed last night at work that I have to work Saturday, 2nd shift. So I probably won't beable to go fishing, but if I get a chance I will drive over to the park side and look you up. Depending on my time schedule maybe I can bring my boat and give you and your lady friend a quick tour of the lake. If you don't mind camping in the primative area, the camp sites that are at Wooster ramp are really nice, due that they are right on the water, and if you have a boat you can pull it up on the bank in front of your camp site.

I haven't fished this lake as much as some folks do around here. But they claim to catch some bluegill and some crappie. The bass fishing ain't the best, but if you hook into one it seems like it is either really small or a 2-3 lbs. plus fish.

The open area of the lake gets hit pretty hard with boat traffic, but most of the lake is idle zone. If you have a small boat/motor and want to stay away from the boat traffic, I would suggest you put in at the Wooster boat ramp.

If anyone has anymore Q's about Hardy Lake, just let me know and I will do my best to keep you informed...

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    We will be staying in a electric campsite. Probably around the ampitheater. She'll probably won't be there til close to midnight or she might not come til Sunday.
    I haven't fished Hardy for some time now. Got a few good bluegills outta there but that was it. For as close as it is to me it seems that I would fish it more.
    I rekon I'll need to get a boat launch sticker here soon. Fishing licenses too. Can't forget them.

8. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well it looks like there won't any fishing for me for a couple of weeks. I was informed at work to plan on being at work for the next two or three weekends. At least it might be warmer weather by the time I get to go.

9. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good morning guys. I live about 2 miles from Hardy and fish there often. Mostly for bluegill and crappie. The best place to fish is probably ceder cove for crappie. Full of stumps so be careful in the boat. I was out last weekend and the warmest water I could find was 53 degrees so it's not quite there yet. Hardy has good size bluegill and the best places to fish these are around about any of the lilly pads. I know a couple of places that they bed and would be more than happy to point them out. I have not really fished for catfish but they are there and I have seen some good stringers come out. The DNR has also stocked stripers and wipers but I have not really fished for them. I have caught some of the stripers when I was trolling for crappie. Hardy also has Tiger muskie. Don't see a lot of them caught but the ones that you do see are pretty good size. I am out camping at Hardy almost every weekend so I would be more than glad to give out any secrets I know. I drive a tan colored Chevy Silverado 2500. I have a red Triton fish and ski and a Sunnybrook 5th wheel camper. Stop by and have a drink if your out there.
    Mike

10. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Mike I'll probably look you up sometime. I'm really needing a freezer full of fish. I've been promising a lot of people a fish fry for years and haven't done it yet. Haven't fished Hardy for years but ready too now. I need to know were the hotspots are.
    I camped there last weekend and loved it. Except for the temperatures at night. Too cold.

11. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just got my camper out of storage and still have to get it ready to go. Right now we are planning on going to Patoka Easter weekend. Tried to make reservations but they don't start taking them until May. Don't know if I want to drive all that way and not be able to get a spot so may wind up staying at Hardy. When I was out last weekend the water was still pretty cold and somewhat muddy. Supposed to start raining today and storms tomorrow so not sure what that will do to it yet. My wife and I are usually at Hardy at least once on the weekend and most of the time both Saturday's and Sunday's. Look me up and I'll tell you what I know. Have 3 spots where the bluegill bed. A little to early yet but be more than glad to show you where they are.
    Mike

12. catdaddy75

catdaddy75 Guest

ive fished hardy one time,went about three weeks ago.caught a decent 3#lm bass.will probably spend alot of time there this summer.where exactly are these spots you are talkin about.i put in over by the docks,was cold the day i was there so only fished that side never seen the whole lake.any tips will greatly be appreciated,hopefully will see ya there.ill be going up sunday for sure,red ext-cab ford f150,tracker boat.

13. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    One of the spots is over by Sunnyside ramp. Just follow the bank around a couple of hundred yards until you come to some lilly pads with an opening near the bank. The nest is right at the edge of the pads. Another one is near the point of the idle zone. It's also just inside some pads. Still at least a month away before the gills will be on these.
    Mike

14. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fished about 3-4 hours about two weeks ago on Hardy. Ended up with one channel about 6-8 pounds and was caught on skip jack. Hit my rod pretty hard several times.

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana

16. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was up in a cove and was fishing water probably around 10ft deep.

Going to Patoka next weekend (23rd), I am going to try and maybe hook into a catfish while I am there.

17. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well it has been a couple years ago but i was with one of my buddies and his uncle and they set out several trout lines earlier that week back in some coves and we went there one night to check on them . we had about 10 or 15 cats. couldnt tell you what kind

18. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm planning on being at Hardy Friday after work and staying until Sunday. I have not been in a couple of weeks due to all of the rain. Anyone catching anything or any updates on the water temps. I assume that with the cool nights the bluegill have not started bedding yet. Going to try to catch some cats for the pan also. Might even try to scare up a few crappie.

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Mike I fished Indian/Celina Lakes last weekend. Water temp was low 60's I think. Bluegill fishing sucked. Used redworms and rooster tails. Didn't see any beds. Fished Celina Saturday night in a tournament. Not a lot of fish caught. Biggest I think was around 10lbs. It was a channel. More mudcats than anything. They were hitting chicken livers.
    Let us know how you do at Hardy.

20. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll be sure to give a report. I was talking to a friend that fished a tournament last night and the water temp was 65. 2 weeks ago it was 69 to 70 degrees. Not sure what this is going to do to the fishing.