Hard To Believe!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fishinpals, Jun 23, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Somethings that happen can be hard to believe. Like while fishing on Spoon River at Bernadotte below the dam I caught a shoe and when I was dumping out the water a small catfish (looked like a bullhead) fell out. This happened over 40 years ago.

Caught anything strange?

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That is strange.I caught myself in the nose with a rapala abt 18 yrs ago,caught a bass,was taking hook out and it jumped,the treble hook came down and embedded 2 of the 3 hooks in my nose.Had to go to hospital to have it taken out.True story!!! I guess that is kinda strange...

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Well it ddn't take me long to find this .My avatar is of a tire tread i caught.

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That's a tough spot to be in. Had a cat years ago, that got fooling around with my tacklebox ( that my Dad gave me heck for leaving it open). Anyway, the cat ended up with one of the dual treble hook lures (of course) caught thru her nose, and two of her four feet. I got to hold the cat whilst Dad got her free. Oh boy...she was not a happy camper.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

Ha! I thought that was some sort of Big eel!

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I can relate to the cat,I wasn't a happy camper either...:sad2:

7. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL

I've been wondering for a while what that was and never got around to asking. I thought it kinda looked like the next world record bowfin.

8. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I've been trying to figure out what kind of fish that was.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    looks like moss to me. but thats jmo

10. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i though that was of some big eel too! great idea for a laugh!

11. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Same here. Actually thought it was some sort of fish.

12. Back when I was in highschool, church camp was always on the schedule during summer. One year we went to one on a piece of property that was owned by a friend of the pastor. Being a deacon's kid I ran with the preacher's boy. He gave me a heads up that there was a lake on the place that was stocked with cats.
    It was no trouble for a deacon's kid to slip a few rods and some tackle on the bus ahead of time. The counselors weren't pleased to see the fishing tackle when we arrived but grudgingly gave me the go ahead as long as I didn't miss any classes.
    Well let me tell you that lake was slap full of hungry channels up to ten pounds. It soon became obvious that there were others who wished they had brought a rod or two as I was hauling them in hand over fist. They were biting so fast and hard that I even switched over to a crawfish crankbait and was hooking up on nearly every cast.
    Well there were three girls that wanted in on the action and begged for the loan of a rod. I thought better of it but gave in and gave them my worst combo and just to make sure they wouldn't catch one I tied on a rattletrap for them. They then proceeded to get into a 14' jon and paddled out to the middle to fish. It wasn't five minutes later that all heck broke loose in the boat. I was sure someone was dying by all the screams.
    It turns out one of the girls had hooked into a five pounder and pulled it up into the boat without restraining it. In it's struggles it had managed to bury the free treble hook in the jeans of one of the girls about three inches from where I wasn't supposed to touch.
    The free for all that followed consisted of one girl paddling for all she was worth towards the bank, one girl screaming for all she was worth and the other trying to hold flopping girl and fish still. Add to that one boyfriend of hooked girl swimming out to meet them and nearly swamping the boat trying to get to her.
    I was called in once the boat had made it to the bank to bring my needle nose pliers and try to resolve this. I don't think I have ever been in a more ticklish situation. Fortunately the hook had not grabbed girl flesh and I was able to snag the hook and get it out without having to resort to cutting clothes off.

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    fishin on the Oiho river youl catch just about anything ,i know its not the way most like to fish but every year since 1999 iv gone snaggin with my brother and his freinds well they always out fished me untill a couple years ago i caught a winchester 30/30 lever action with scope and sling ,i called the local sherif who ran the numbers it didnt come up stolen and he said if no one claimed it after 30 days i could keep it ,its in my gun safe ,i have cleaned it and it does shoot how it got in the river is beyond me .i challenge anyone to top that catch lol

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Oh Brother, Brother, Brother, a challenge like that to a bunch of fisherman. :crazy: This is gonna get good.:big_smile:

ST

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    its been said that i can catch anything and everything .my brother (vlparrish) catches alot of fish way more than me ,he went out a few months ago and lost a rod over the side of the boat tried to retrieve to no avail so whats he do ,what else call big brother lol we werent on the river 20 minutes i had done caught his favorite rod and to beat all it had a channel cat on it lol still doesnt top the rifle tho

16. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    down in florida i reeled in a brand new fishing pole. still had bait on the hook...lol. unhooked it and casted it out too!