hard times

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by justaredneck, Jan 6, 2009.

1. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    wouldnt you know it, after breaking my leg and being off work for 2 months the day i go back to work they decide to lay everybody off. its rough, i cant hardly look my wife and kids in the face because i dont know what to tell them. my wife is a good woman and a good christian and says it will be ok and god has a plan for us and i agree but it is hard to be good and faithful when all seems lost. i do have faith that we will come out ok and at the end of the day i am blessed with all the things a man can ask for that really matter but right now its a struggle to belive that. i know if u want to make god laugh just tell him your plans. so i guess i am just asking for some extra prayers for me and my family now. thanks

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stephen God knows your problems and your present situation. He promises to supply all your needs. Maybe he has something better for you. Keep your faith strong and continue to trust in Him. The answer is on the way. Prayers sent for you and your family from So. Illinois.

3. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Stephen
    Hang in there brother and put your faith in Him! Not to pull you down but I have been out of work for 6 months now. At the start I never would have believed that it was going to take this long for me to find a job. God has provided for us up to this point and I have faith that when He is ready I will find the position that is right.
    The fact that you have a good woman that is strong in her faith like mine is will turn out to be the greatest blessing that you could hope for. Hold the Lord and your families love close and things WILL work out.

HIS will be done!

4. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Stephen
    In our lifetime we all go thru times of trials and triumphs. What sets us apart is how we deal with the low points in our lives when they come. We didd'nt ask for this and we feel like it is'nt fair either. At this time it's ok to ask for the help of your family to get thru this. In fact you can't do it alone. Use what you know and humble yourself to the level that you may not be able to fix this all by yourself. Great men got great with the help of many. Stay the course in your faith and let God guide you in the next few months. Be persistant in your job search and all will be ok. And to help things along I'm sending you Prayers from as many people as I know from Virginia.

5. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Hang in there Stephen. Prayers sent for you and you family.

6. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    and to add insult to injury i just went to the unemployment office and found out someone helped themselfs to my ssn so i cant even get unemployment untill this gets straightened out, which takes time and lots of red tape to cut through which i dont have. still there is a whole lot of good folks out there in my situation so instead of questioning gods motives i should be happy he is by my side through all this. short drive to the unemployment office, long time to think. thank u for all your thoughts and prayers

7. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thoughts and prayers from southwest Missouri.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thoughts are with you brother. Hope you get things straightened out soon. Keep us posted.

9. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    well your prayers are already working turns out the person who stole my ssn was my wife, she tried to file a claim when i first got hurt so ssn was the same but since i filed online and i didnt bother to ask her the username and password was different making 2 different accounts for one person, and it actually was pretty easy to straighen out. i am sure someday i will look back at this and laugh. just when i though things couldnt get any worse this happened. as for the rest of yall u can laugh now, it is kind of funny in a sick twisted kind of way

10. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    keep the faith brother i was in a similair situation about 10 years ago God worked it all out i was out of unemployment and no job in site then one day a fellow i met just once called out of the blue wanting to know if i was interested in working for him he said he heard i was looking for work of course i jumped on it been working ever since that day with plenty of work even in this bad economy God will direct your path prayers sent for you and your family

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We too had trying times financially in "08". Thank God "08" is over lol. Prayer and a positive outlook saw us through it. Keep your head up brother, things will get better, hopefully soon. Prayers sent from Indiana.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I belive Mickey about has it covered, Good Luck and Prayers sent from Madison, In.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Mick said all and anything i could say brother. Times are rougher than i've ever seen in my lifetime, for everybody. Hold your head up and believe that something good will come of this, and it will. Prayer for you and yours Stephen.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Prayers sent to you abd your family brother.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Stephen,Prayers for youall. Just remember that God wont bring us to a mountain too tall to climb

16. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    this is NOT your fault and your family knows that...You listen to your wife and you let us intercede and you pray for all of us too...

YOU ARE TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED.

when God shuts a door He will always open another, and provide you with a way out if you have faith. He will provide an escape for the faithful.

It's easy if we let it be, but WE get in our own way. Pray and pray some more and stay strong in the Lord. I am. I've had so many hard times this past year I know how you feel--

You are going to be all right, and so will the rest of us that put this thing in the mighty hand of God...

You pray for me, I'll pray for you...maybe we'll both get a blessing out of it.

17. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Life is tough when ur outa work, Prayers from CA, I was out for a year, but I got by. Now I'm laid off agian, but I think I'll get by, I got some small jobs for some folks to do, hoping by then to get called for work. Hoping things improve in month or two.

18. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    God knows your situation, no doubt.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
    Jeremiah 29:11

Now that's a promise!

Meditate on that scripture.....

A couple of other Bible vs that will be helpful to you and others....
    Isaiah 54:10
    Lamentations 3:22-23 (great is your faithfulness remember that hymn?)
    Proverbs 3:25-26
    Mathew 6:34

Check them out and may God be with you and your family...

Ron

19. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I sold a car today and it helped out a lady in need. I have a little extra even with being layed-off myself. I understand unemployment never covers the bills little lone all of the other things that life throws in. PM me your address.God bless you all.Smiles and Hugs are sent with this for you and yours,Teri

20. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    prayers sent from WV....Hang in there