Hard Luck Lake Murray - Managed 1 catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Dec 13, 2008.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bruce, Sunbird and I fished Murray today and had lots of fun. But the cats decided it was time for a break. We worked really hard and used more gas than than the last three trips combined and could only managed 1 cat today as they just wouldn't bite. We seen another seasoned Murray catman at around 2:00 and he was having the same problem, only 1 cat and no other bites.
    Back at the Marina reports from striper and bass fisherman had the same results, poor bite today with only catches of 1 or 2 fish. Murray has gained what looks like 4 feet of water and the temp was 53 degrees.

2. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    Maybe it wasn't hard luck Pop Pop, I know team Smackdown has got a reputation of putting the SMACKDOWN on catfish on any lake they fish, but the only differnce today was a new member on the team "SUNBIRD":smile2:, maybe it was bad luck,:crazy: and if my memory serves me correctly he fished with someone last week and kinda had the same results:embarassed:. Just picking Sunbird. We fished today, me and little preacher and we caught a bunch of Stripers, we won third place in tournament and the other preacher came in fisrt place, I guess thats not bad for bunch of preachers.:roll_eyes:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dont feel bad Pop Pop the fishing on Moultrie was super rough today also. I am sure Sunbird had plenty to talk about in the slow fishing times.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    At least y'all were out there! As they say, a bad days fishin' is...

Too much water here on the Pee Dee for me to go. Maybe next week!

Bill in SC

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Bet'cha didn't try some Lucky Scrimps :crazy:

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sorry guys, I know ya'll worked your butts off out there . I've had more days like that then the average bear but if I exhausted all my possibilities to catch fish and come up empty handed still , I can say I still sleep good at night knowing I tried my arse off.

In the least I'm sure the boat was full of laughs ....life is good. Thanks for the report guys ; )

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I've had some great luck this year on your magic scrimps, but didn't have any this trip .:big_smile: I'll have to place an order with ya for some if ya aint to back logged for the holidays.:wink:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I told Pop Pop and Bruce we should just tell everyone that that was the first "official" meeting of the entire Team Smackdown and it was top secret!:smile2::smile2:
    Tommy, I feel the same way! :eek:oooh: Who invited this Sunbird guy anyway? :embarassed:

As far as talking..........well I did my share.:roll_eyes: James I was much calmer this go round. No pressure! I get so wired for tournements. I guess I need to get a few under my belt. Maybe that will help to get my nerves under control. I can't sleep the night before any fishing trip. I guess I got it bad!:smile2:

It was not a good day for catching mister whiskers but I thouroughly enjoyed hanging out with the TEAM. Thanks guys!!!:wink:

9. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Wait a minute now!! Have I been relieved of my spot as a team member?! :wink: If you're gonna replace me, you'll have to do better than Sunbird. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    a little crititizem a new name team turdhead the roundhill

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It happens like that sometimes. Just gotta fish your butt off and do what ya can. However, 1 fish be much better than 0 :wink: If ya haven't had a bad day fishing you don't fish much:smile2: