Hard fishing on Lake Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Gomer, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Went out on Moultry from shortstay yesterday. Fished from 9-2 off navy point and out in front of the dam in the chanel from marker 2-4 with cut bait. No wind all morning used the troling motor to slowly drift, only 3 hits with one 3lb white cat, Hard fishing but no one else around was hooking up either.

Lady's in the shop said they were going to re-surface and asfalt the entire area at the ramp for more space and line it for greater parking. And re-check the ramp and still extend it a little more. Sounds like wil be great area to launch and park when they get it finished (about 1-2 weeks).

Question on cutbait?? How ofter should you change bait or add a new strip of fresh fliet, if you arn't getting any hits? I normally wait about every 2 hrs but I'm thinking that may be too long. what do ya'll think?

2. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    That's a good question Gomer. I fished some cut bait Saturday on Monty and went through a dry spell of an hour with no bites. Pulled up and changed baits and caught 2 in the next 10 minutes. I have pulled up my baits and sprayed them with garlic spray and put them back out with fairly good luck.

3. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I fished Moultrie Friday and Saturday water temp 49/50, Fished deep water by dam. Hunted bait pods and fished them. Drifted Saturday out about #6 back toward Adkins (slow drift) Bait was frozen mullet and big shiners for Short Stay worms and some Gulp bait. If I got a bit either day I never knew it. Only bait I lost was what I took the hook myself. Fishing was tough. Was some really nice days on water.

4. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    i change my baits about every 20 to 30 minutes to make sure nothing has taken it.

5. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I heard that Lakemoultrieblues & crew killed em' Sat. on Moultrie.How bout' it Mark!?

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    thanks for the reports fellas. always good to know how other people are doing or not. good luck.

7. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    We did OK. I wouldn't say we Killed them. We caught 16 from 0700 to 1500. We had a 37, 33, 25, 21 and the rest were fairly small. All were caught anchored in 48 ft. except 2 that we caught 10-12 ft. We used fresh herring we caught that morning. 14 of those were caught between 0800 and 1000. Here are some pics of our catch.

Attached Files:

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds and looks like yall had a great trip.

9. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like you guys had a great trip. From the pics it looks like it as well. Great job and thanks for sharing.