Hard fishing on Lake Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Gomer, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Was going to fish last night after church and storm with lots of lightning so waited until daylight this morning. Got on the water about 7:30 from short stay, all they had were large goldfish started drifting from marker 7 and drifted around each marker from 300-400 yards each side all the way back to the dam we used live & cut goldfish, cut mullet, cut dead hering. shrimp, and whiting heads only to be disappointed we didn't catch the first fish. We had boats come and go around us and I didn't see them catch anything either so we pulled out about 1230. I stoped at the cleaning tables on the way out and there were only about 6 or 7 heads or bodys in the dumpster and they looked like all chanelcats fron 3-8 lbs. We stayed in 25 to 70 ft of water all day so the bite may have been in the shollow waters, I thought they would have went deep after all that storm last night but just couldn't find the bite.

2. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    Nope, if you had fished shallow from 7:30-12:00 you would likely have come up with similar results. Right after the spawn you'll have more "miss" days than "hit" days. Better days are ahead though!

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It usually takes a couple of days for things to settle down after a front comes through, too, Steve. Fishing from 15-40' right now should be the best depths, IMO. Give Roundhill a shout; he'll know...