hard decision

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Aug 25, 2008.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    my son J Jr. starts preeschool tomorrow round 11:30 - 12. i got a call bout 45 min ago from a long time friend/brother tellin me he can put me to work full time layin floors.i asked where we will be workin tomorrow and he said Lawrence. i always told myself i would put my boys first, above all else. i feel if i start tomorrow that im lettin him down. so my question is, how bad of a dad am i if i dont go to his first day ?? :confused2::sad2:

2. bigheck

bigheck New Member

State:
    kansas
    Hey JJ, sounds like your in a pickle,Your boy might not understand right away but you gotta bring in some green to support his future. One day he will understand.

3. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    That dont make you a bad Dad, after all the money is what supports him right?? Maybe the guy can let you off for the first part of the day. Might be worth asking. I know I have two little uns myself. It is kinda hard watching them grow up, but in the end they know that you have thier best interest in mind and they find out what it means to be doing everything that you can to be the best Dad you can be. Just my thoughts.

4. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    JJ I don't think this one has a wrong answer. Maybe they will hold the job for ya one more day. But what ever the decision you make he will always look up to ya.

5. LarryB

LarryB New Member

State:
    Longford,Kansas
    JJ
    For what it's worth, I agree with the other guys. I am a full time Pastor and I get to talk to folks without full time jobs. Nothing positive there. JJ, I have followed your posts, you are a good man. Hang in there.
    LarryB

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Call in sick and get a Dr.s note.:smile2: Seriously Id say go to work. He will understand when he is older. I know I did. Sounds like an opportunity that you might not want to miss.
    Just curious, are you layin laminate, carpet or linoleum? Laminate and wood floors arent that bad but carpet sucks. My back cant handle it.:smile2: Congrats JJ.

7. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    JJ, If theres one thing your not, its a bad dad. I only know you through the gatherings and your post on here, and I can tell how much you love your boys. The bad dad is the guy that isn't in their kids life. Sometimes it sucks to be a dad. I go out and work, work, work, just so my wife can stay at home with my daughter. I dont get to see either of them as much as I like, and I miss out on alot of first, but I know I'm doing the right thing. Your boys will appreciate the sacrifices you make someday.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i really appreciate everyone's input & those to come. my time on here ive talked w/ just about all the KS members at least a little bit and more in other states and have come to trust & value y'all opinions. i just know how much i mean to him when he is constantly wakin up in the wee hours of the morn cryin for me when mom is right there or is right in the middle of birthday perties, chuckie cheese and such but when i come in nothin else exists. this may just be my hangup but i cant help but feel i am lettin him down. im workin on a planfor tomorrow but wont find out till morn. it'll cost me all 32 & change i have to my name for fuel but it'll be worth it if i can pull it off. im hopin for an extended lunch of sorts. im a purdy good talker when i want and my bro knows how i am w/ my boys. all else fails i could just kick his a...:smile2:

9. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    JJ man i would take the job offer as you know i have 3 kids they are the most understanding people in the world i missed my sons first day of school because i worked at a twine plant and worked 12 hour rotating shifts and he understood that i could not be there he knew that if dad did not go to work he would not have a place to live and cloths on his back plus his toys and thing like that he will understand as he gets older and wiser that everything you done was for him.:big_smile:..And Kyle is right instaling carpet sucks man i did it for awile and it kills your back and knees like no other but it paid dam good but had to quit cause i threw 2 disc in my lower back :angry::sad2:..

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    its gotta be easier than tree work i hopin. climbin & throwin logs everyday for 6 years was fun :wink: this will be my first job in out of the heat & cold since i was a teen.

11. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    O its easy doin carpet its just hard on your back and knees i liked doin it pay was good and it was a good learning experiance with knowing how to do it i have done several side jobs and made a little extra cash congrats on the job hope you like it keep us posted on how it goes jj..

12. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i will let you know up front it is your decision and yours only

my dad once told me always put food and a roof and clothes for kids first and you will be alright in your kids eyes nomatter what you do or people think of you

remember when they grow up they will look back at your decisions and know why you did what you did as long as its for family

blood is thicker than water

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    You can always make it up to him brother. God willing, there will be plenty of things to come that you and him can share and remember. Take him for ice cream after you get off...or better yet take him to catch a giant flathead!:smile2:

14. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    J.J., a lot of good advice before mine, and I go along with them all. See if you can get the AM off, if not, the job is important for HIS future. You just have to do what you have to do sometimes, even though it's not the easiest thing to do.

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    If you miss it because of a personal choice that you have complete control over....................................well you figure it out! He only gets 1 first day in his entire life. You can see the other guy anytime!

16. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    JJ,

The best way to get a answer on something lik this is to go to The Father and ask him to guide you through this and you will be happy that you did for He said I will never leave you alone, so try it and have a great day

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    well, i made it to his first day of school !! turned out, they called my buddy about his pit they took and he is supposed to get it back today so he didnt want to be in lawrence when they called to have him come get his pit. J Jr. was happy i was with him until we got to the school then he couldnt wait to get awa from me to go inside :sad2: im gonna kick his butt when he gets home for treatin me like that !! :smile2::smile2: here is the only 2 pics i was able to get. the 3rd is at Cabela's a cpl weeks ago

Attached Files:

18. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    thanks for the pictures and for the story reps to ya for being a great father :cool2:

19. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Glad everything worked out for ya JJ. Good pics too.

20. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Worked out just right huh? God always makes a way brother!:wink: