Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by ar_confederate, Nov 27, 2005.

1. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Hi. My dad and I went out and set a trot line Friday night out on Dorcheat. We only caught 3, 2 flatheads and 1 channel but they sure tasted good last night! One of the flatheads got away but the one that stayed was my largest catfish to date. He weighed in at 19 pounds when we weighed him the next morning. Can't wait to go again!

I notice that there hasn't been much activity on the site this past weekend. I guess that everyone is enjoying some time off. Hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Attached Files:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad to see you and your dad got out together, ar_confederate, bet he enjoyed it too. The fish you got was a lot more than I have gotten on more than a few days, glad you enjoyed the trip and the meal.

3. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thats a nice fish. What kind of bait did you catch them on?

4. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    ar confederate, thats a nice fish, i'm sure he tasted good. i'm surprised there is any op's still in dorcheat since the water is so low. i figured they had probably headed back to the lake. guess i was wrong. yall fishin above or below dixie inn?

5. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Hi. Well, to answer ya'lls questions. We've been fishing below Dixie Inn near the new boat launch out of Sibley. The water is down a lot but it's still about 6-8' deep in the channel, in most places. As for the bait, this is the strange thing. We use shiners mostly and try other bait sometimes, always come back to the shiners though. This fish was caught without bait! Dad and I had put out the trotline earlier and then went back around 4:30 PM to bait up. It had bitten a bare hook. The only thing that I can figure is that we had tried some stink bait on that hook the last time and maybe some scent was left on it. If you have any ideas on why he bit a bare hook, I'd love to hear them. At this stage, it's a miracle!!!

6. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I have a hard enough time catching fish with bait and all you need is hook and line. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: