Happy New Year!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cattoo, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    today was my first catfishing trip of 06 and i hope this is a sign of things to come cause we flat wore em out today! me and 3 friends of mine went out on rough river lake,(which is a local lake about 4500 acres) in a boat and we wound up bringing home 40 fish! i caught 18 myself. 16 channels and 2 flatheads. both flatheads were foul hooked as usual this time of year. the big one was 15 # and the small one was about 6. most of the channels were real nice. we had a couple pushing 7 pounds but most were in the 2 to 4 # range. i put the ones i caught in a lake by my house that is over run with white crappie. figure the cats will thin em out a bit. i caught everything on fresh caught shad. i met my buddy at the boat ramp and asked if he had his cast net and he had left it at the house so had i so i finally talked him into running home and getting it. good thing too. all i had with me was frozen shad and all they had were frozen shad guts. we tossed the net out right beside the ramp and caught about 300 1-3 inch shad. one of my buddies insisted on still using the frozen guts but by the end of the day he had changed his mind. nothing beats fresh bait. anyway, we would pull the boat up to the bank instead of anchoring and i would get out and fish from bank cause i didnt want to be overcrowded. it sure paid off. man what a day! i'll post pics as soon as possible.

2. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Sounds like a fun day! I love gettin out there and catching a lot of fish. I think its what makes fishing worth while.

3. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Sounds like a great day! Hopefully that is hint of things to come the rest of the year!