Happy Fathers Day...And stories to tell.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Angelkitty, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Happy Fathers Day to all the dads on the B.O.C. I hope you all have a wonderful day with your love ones. May it be camping, fishing, or just a cookout. I hope you all have a safe but a wonderful day.
    This thread is also for stories to tell about your father. I will start with one I will never forget.
    My dad and his buddy took me and my sister to the beach in Pine Bluff. Well my dad backed the boat down the ramp in the water. As his buddy and wife were putting me and my sister in the boat. We just got seated. To me being 8 yrs old a big boat not a flat bottom. well My dads buddy cranked the boat everything looked ok at first, Then the boat started to get water in the back. My dad jumped out of the truck and said, I forgot the plug. By then the boat was sinking. My sister and me jumped out of the boat. Good thing it was still at the edge of the ramp.:big_smile: Needless to say the boat flipped over and people were running out in the water got the boat flipped back over and pulled it back on the trailor. Before we left they had to walk up and down the bank to find seats, life jackets, ice chest and etc. When we got home my sister told my mom what had happened. And we were not allowed back on boats. :lol:
    well have a nice day.

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Attention: DH, JW and tdawgnok would like to have their Happy Father's Day pm to them. Lmao :big_smile: So please grant their wish with me. And tell them by PM

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some of my fondist memories are going out in the boat with my dad to run the trot lines. It was more of the riding in the boat that I liked. My sisters and I would play on the sand bars, catch frogs, and sometimes we even fished.:smile2:
    But there is one time that I will always hold special. I have 2 sisters, one older, one younger. Everything that we did or got was shared. My parents always wanted to treat us girls equal. One time when my dad was going to walmart, I tagged along, without any sisters.:smile2: We were getting ready to leave and I saw a record I wanted.( those flat, round, black things, what we had before tapes and cds were invented) It was Kiss, Lick It Up, something my dad would never listen to. I asked if I could have it, fully expecting to have to beg. No begging necessary. He just said ok. this might not sound like a big deal to some, but it meant alot to me. That is the only time I can ever remember getting something I wanted, without begging and without my sisters getting something too.
    So for all the dads out there, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!
    And remember, some of the things that daughters remember the most are small things that you probably forgot about.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Patricia for wishing Happy Fathers Day to us men. I loved your story. He is lucky if he ever got you back into a boat. Thanks for sharing.:cool2:

5. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Happy Fathers day, Bumpin this back up.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You must like trouble...LOL! :lol::wink::roll_eyes::lol:

7. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Trouble is my middle name lmao.:lol::tounge_out::lol::smile2:

8. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    What a cool thread.

My fondest "Dad" memory has to have a little background, so bear with me a bit.

Dad never much took me fishing, not for lack of begging. He did, however, get sick of my begging and gave me his little jon boat to fish with. That is how I learned to fish.
    Three years ago, Dad had a horrible motorcycle accident. He had head injuries that left him in a coma for over a month and forever changed his life. With a lot of prayer and love and care of Dr's and nurses, he recovered.

My fondest memory of Dad is when, after the accident, he had been begging me to take him fishing. It was quite a job, but we went. I was never more proud of him. His strength. His endurance. His persistance. His love.

We've been many more times since then, and it gets easier each time. He still has to use a lot of care, and the trips aren't that long. But, we catch a few and enjoy our time together.

With love and pride, I'll leave you with this picture from our first time out after his accident.

Attached Files: