Happy Easter everyone /Calaveras ramp

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by el-de-saspamco, Mar 23, 2008.

1. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Just to let everyone know, they opened up the main boat ramp @ lake Calaveras Friday afternoon! I've been @ Cally since Wednesday and I can't log on to the BOC from my cell. Today is going to be fun getting in so be ready for a wait. We saw someone w/ a huge kitty (about 15-20#r) @ the cleaning station. We've been camping @ the Calaveras Cove and have seen alot of folks w/good amounts of fish. I've been having trouble w/ my trolling motor so we've been 'banked' for a couple of days but we're still catching the occasional kitty, just as well Kevin and I have had a great time 'BONDING'.

Rubes

2. Catfishrob

Catfishrob New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Danny Kings punch bait for the cats (Academy). Fresh Chicken Liver for the Hybrid Stripers & Crawfish for the Big Redfish. (HEB sells live crawfish and the liver). Carolina rigs and slip float rigs work best.

Camping around the edge. Bent rods to ya. :wink:

3. el-de-saspamco

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    We were using a little bit of everything but what really worked for us off the bank was ' sure-shot' by Benny Roberts. We had to deal with a lot of moss in the water but other then that we were catching kitties. Got really windy yesterday so that made things harder for me but we hung out there till 6:00 pm. Being cool and windy kept some folks away from the lake (longest wait to get in through the gate was about three cars deep).

Rubes

4. stikshooter

stikshooter New Member

State:
    Floresville tx
    Rubes,I saw that big blue at cally sat,and talked to the man that caught it.It weighed 25 lbs,and he caught it on a mixture of Danny Kings and Big Marvs with a #8 treble hook and 12 lb test line:crazy:.I was out there with Cliff and thought I saw you with two other guys in a small jon boat fishing around 181 cove sat around noon.Was that you?

5. el-de-saspamco

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    No that wasn't us, we went out towards the crappie wall, well just to the right of it and fished for a while. We left after an hour or so had to paddle half way back due to the trolling giving out. We stayed on the bank just behind the cleaning station in that cove, we were the ones next to the folks with the white shelter by the big bbq pit. We saw Cliff going to the c/station when the guy was cleaning that hugh cat.

Rubes