HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN !

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    The fishingwithmac boat is back on the waters. Picked it up around 1 PM today and it was on the water by 1:20 PM and it runs like a top, maybe better than when it was new. As mentioned previously, the prop was slightly bent from hitting something in the water, which in turn put a slight bend in the shaft and busted up some O rings and a seal. While it was in the shop, I had the oil changed, new filter and water pump, new plugs, a horn installed, etc. and it set me back the cost of 3 or 4 trips, plus I lost some trips while it was out of the water.

I almost got the shakes being off the water for eleven days. I will be on the water the first thing in the morning chasing some perch and blues. Saturday or Sunday I might anchor down and catch me some flatheads with live bream and white perch.

Bill Smith, I got a lead on a cluster of flatheads up where you fish, if you or any of the boys that fish up river want to know about them, send me a PM and I will tell you what I was told.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Good to hear you're back in business Mac! Now I can still fish vicariously through you! I've just been getting messed with by mother nature, this wedding stuff, and work. Just been hard to get some cattin' time in. Oh well, what are ya gonna do other than complain about it!

3. btilley

btilley New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    welcome back....i went down to the dock in between rains on monday and caught a decent blue and about 4 other small ones in a short period of time. went out in between rains today around lunch time and again caught a nice blue and a few other small ones.

you gonna be back in the coves tomorrow morning fishing the creeks??

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    I bet your wife is happy too! You were probably a bear while you were dry docked:big_smile:

Watch out for all the crap coming down the lake!

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good news Mac, glad to here your back on the water :cool2:.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Glad your back on the water Mac, question tho since I know nothing about boats can you insure for that type of stuff happening or is that just for actual destruction of the boats that can be insured for.

7. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Glad to hear you are back up and running, and with this rain hopefully it is good timing.

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Yes sir.