Happy Birthday..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by psychomekanik, Apr 21, 2007.

1. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'd like to take a moment to wish my little sister April, a Happy Birthday. you see April was in a horrible car crash a little better than 3 years ago. she was paralyzed from the neck down. I was by her side day after day for the first year. she overcome so many incredible obstacles. the last obstacle she overcome was coming to terms with her condition. she was a beautiful person at heart for it now. which made me proud. cuz she was always a smart-ass, and really cocky. her condition really humbled her. after a year or so, they finally stabilized and conditioned her to move her to a place in chicago for rehabilitation. she did really good, except she hated the place where she was. it became a problem so we had her moved to a place in pana il. she loved it there and seemed to really get along with the staff. i backed off and took a break now she was smiling on a daily basis. her condition had consumed so much of all of our lives for some time now. finally we got the word that she was able to come home. we moved her to a place in town and started getting ready. building ramps, etc. etc. and just before we were ready, she started getting sick fighting infections. the home said she had a normal urinary tract infection. well her birthday passed and i totally forgot! I apoligized, and did what i could do to make it better. but the whole time, she said she didnt care, she was just glad i was there then. it still bothered me that i forgot. april passed away 7 days after her birthday. I'm not a supersticious person by any means. but, i am a believer now...after things calmed down. i started being woke up. seemingly by someone shaking my shoulder. this happened a few times a week. every time i woke up i looked at the clock, it was exactly 4:21. this went on for a month or so till i finally spoke these words outloud. Allright, I already told you i was sorry!!! it never happened again. In my mind i could just see her walking away laughing at me...So, Happy Birthday April. I Love You!! and, I'll never forget you.......The moral of the story.. never let your own lives consume you until you forget someone that may need you. there's a lot to be thankful in life. no matter how bad you think you have it. it could always be worse..............

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :009: "Happy Brithday April"!!!!!!!!!!

:006:

Take Care,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Happy birthday April.Thanks for sharing.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Happy birthday April from me and the BOC

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Happy Birthday April,and Brother maybe you are one of these folks who've had contact with the other side. Anyway if you are at peace now,that's all that really matters. You are a wonderful man for sharing this very true message with us! Thank you Sir!:big_smile:

6. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Happy bday April!

7. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Happy birthday April.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    sorry to hear the news mark. my thoughts and prayers to ya buddy.

happy b-day april. god will take care of you now.