Happy Birthday or would it be Aniversary?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kutter, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It was 36 years ago today, my wife bought me a Stanley thermos. It's got a few scars and most of the paint has either gone or faded. Stopper has trouble getting loose at times. Lid/cup has swelled out a bit an doesn't fit too well. In 76 I added a plastic handle to carry it. The handle has a couple of broken off parts and one side is held on with a wire tie. The build up on the walls has not got to the point of allowing less coffee, but at this rate it will become noticeable someday. Like most of my old friends & dogs, it's scars & shortcomings are what gives it character. Some of their scars may have been my doings. They all have paid their dues and will always be in my heart. That thermos, along with a few dogs and all my old friends, is as much a part of my memories as I am.

One day, I may tell you all about my pocket knife.

No pain meds were abused in the telling of this story.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When do you think that you will have your moneys worth?:smile2:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well shucks, Kutter that ole Stanley has another 30 + in it.Can't beatem for dependability.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yup just cant beat em,I have one that is pushing 25 it looks bad ,but its still chuggin.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great story, thanks for sharing

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Yup, havent cleaned mine since ive had it, just a quick rinse will do. :wink: