Happy 50TH Birthday to Legos!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I always loved LEGOS, in fact I still do. My sister has all the LEGOS that we played with as children, quite a few her two daughters enjoyed when they were younger, and the ones my grandmother's kindergarten students used for 30 years. They are one tough toy, lots of fun while at the same time inspiring creativity in people of all ages. The coolest thing I can remember building myself was a small model of the White House. Kept that one for a long time, but eventually it was demolished and the bricks put back in the box to be played with another day.

Yesterday was LEGO'S 50th birthday. I'm glad to see them still doing well amidst the world of high-tech toys. I tried to post a link to an article about the big 5-0, but it wasn't working :sad2:. You can find several interesting articles/videos by doing a search though.

Here's a link I KNOW will work, a BOC link :wink:. kbgrillin started this thread; some neat pictures of a LEGO church.

www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25145

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Happy 50th Birthday Legos. I used to love them when I was younger...:wink::smile2:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    THOSE CHURCH PICTS ARE AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Cg, you are full of surprises my friend,:wink:
    thanks for shearing.:big_smile:

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Happy birthday LEGO's.

I would love them more if they were not scattered from one end of my house to the other!:angry:
    Those things hurt when you step on them!:confused2:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, quite a few of mine went into the trash after my parents got them un-embedded from the soles of their feet when I was a kid:smile2: Maybe that's why I've always been fascinated with construction (and have made it a career) because I spent so much time building stuff with them when I was a kid. :wink:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    WAAAHHHH I never had lego's ,dang lincoln logs :smile2:

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Disney World in 2000. They had a entire section at Epot made of Lego's.

Attached Files:

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Had them too, like them also :wink:. What else......Hot Wheels and a loop de loop racetrack for 'em, a cool ant farm with one BIG habitat and lots of smaller ones that connected onto it with plastic tubing the ants could crawl through, a flea cirus - magnets that did all kinds of circus acts. TINKERTOYS! Dang, I'm gettin' so excited about this. Maybe I really never did grow up :smile2:.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    All the above mentioned toys were so cool! Man this thread brings back some great memories! :cool2: Another of my favorites was the Erector Set which was a bunch of pieces of metal with drilled holes and screws & nuts for putting it together. Todays kids have no clue what we are talkin' about! :crazy: :roll_eyes:

11. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I used to make all sort of tunnels with them for my train set.I made all sort of things with them.My mom still has them for the grandkids to play with.