Hansen Lake

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by janzaldo, Jun 18, 2008.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Fokles I hope all is well. I was just wondering if anybody can give me directions on how to get to Hansen lake? I live right off the 710 and 105 frw. Also what city is it in? I hear tell of double digit channels in that lake.

Jaime

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, best route I can give you is north on the 710 to the 2 north to the 210 west to Osborne/Footill exit and go south. The park is just off the freeway.
    If you decide to give it a go let me know and I'll join you if I can. It's just 15 miles from my house.

3. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Google Maps sez:
    Take 710 N 4.8 mi to Santa Anna Fway
    Go 20 mi, exit 150B, Rt on Sunland Blvd, go .5 mi
    Left on Glenoaks Blvd, go 3 mi
    Rt on Osborne St

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Tom and Steve. I tried to give ya some Rep points but said I had to spread some rep points to others.
    Thanks Scott! I very much appreciate the invite to your home! I have fished Corona Lake once with a fellow BOC member(Tony Luckie 33)
    Corona Lake is approximately 55 miles from South Gate. Do you prefer day fishing or night fishing?

Jaime

5. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That's a perfect boat for Corona Lake! Where did you end up buying that boat Scott? Don't worry about the backing up a trailer thing, it just takes practice, after you do it a couple times it will be easy for you.

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That sounds like a pretty good deal to me, did the boat come with the motor or did you have to buy it seperately? I know what you mean about those tracker boats, they are nice but they are expensive too! You probably did the right thing with the used aluminum boat to start and if you want to upgrade later on down the road then you can. Because of my work schedule I have to do my fishing on Monday or Tuesday nights. If you are ever up to fish on one of those nights let me know.

7. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That's awesome that your neighbor is fighting this weekend on HBO. Those are some cool pictures, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you are quite the boxing fan. Have a fun trip this weekend! I'll have to check out the fight on TV tomorrow night and check this kid out.

I live in La Verne which is just north of Pomona. I think it's about 28 miles from La Verne to Corona lake. I have fished at Corona lake several times but I haven't been there in a while. I usually go to it's sister lake Santa Ana River Lakes just because it's a little closer but I'm ready to give Corona a try again.

That's great that the motor and boat were sold together. Don't worry, that little boat will see plenty of time on the water, once you back it into the lake a few times you will be a pro at pulling a boat. I wouldn't be against you, when it comes to catfishing it's not easy keeping us catfisherman away from the water.

8. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Del Mar is nice little beachside town. When the horses are running down there at the track my father and I sometimes take the amtrack train down there to Solano Beach, have lunch, and go over to the horse races. Should be a nice weekend down there. I was planning on doing a little fishing this Monday night but if you are out of town and want to try to do some catfishing the following week we could go either Monday or Tuesday night (June 30th or July 1st). Let me know what works best for you.
    Brandon

9. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Maybe we can get some Jaime or some other BOC brothers to join us and have a little minnie BOC get together.

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the invite Brandon; it will be an honor to fish you and Scott!
    Brandon, are you working the 4th of July?

Hi Scott, I like your boat. I never acually launched a boat but seen it hundreds of times. I am free Saturday, 6/28th. Let me know if that date is good for you. I was thinking around 5pm let me know.

Jaime

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I can also make it on 30th. I usually get out of work at 6pm, but can get time off. If it is ok with you guys, can we meet at SARL?

Jaime

12. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That's one of the things that makes it difficult for me to hook up with other brothers here is that I have to work Friday's and Saturday's. I have Sunday's off but that is usually my day spent with my girlfriend. So I have to do most of my fishing on a Monday or Tuesday depending on my schedule. Unfortunately I have to work on the 4th of July this year so no fishing for me on that day.

I'm up for fishing on the 30th though if that works for everyone else, SARL or Corona are fine with me, if it's easier for you to go to SARL Jaime I don't mind meeting up there. Does that work for you Scott? At SARL you don't need a boat with all of the shoreline to fish and you can park right next to your fishing spot.

Scott I tried to respond to your private message but it said you can't receive private messages for some reason.