Hannibal,Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Floyd, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Floyd

Floyd New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any good fishing on the mississippi around Hannibal,Missouri ?

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Welcome to the BOC, soory I cant help

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Just south of Hannibal you have the Saverton Dam.Pretty good fishing there. If you really want to find out about the Hannibal area PM Hannibal Mike Who lives in Hannibal or Believer wholives in Quincy ,Il but I know for a fact he fishes that area quite a bit. You also haveMark Twain Lake and Salt river whiich isn't very far From Hannibal.
    Oh yeah and Welcome to The BOC

4. Bear

Bear New Member

State:
    Hannibal,Missouri
    I live in Hannibal and have fished the Mississippi most of my life. The river has some very good fishing around almost any of the wing dams along the river. As posted above the Salt river and Mark Twain lake offer some very good fishing. It is like anywhere else you have got to spend time on the water and get to know the area. You might also check some local baitshops or call the Conservation office. bear

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I have fished at Louisana and Alton. I only seem to be able to catch fish when they are releasing water so there is a current. I have used fresh shad and stinkbait. If you figure it out be sure to let me know. Bob

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rick welcome to the BOC. I can't help you that far north on the Mississippi. If you ever choose to go South to Cape Girardeau Mo or South to the Thebes Il. areas I Know a few areas worth stopping. I hope you get the info. you want. Good Fishing.

8. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I will be spending more time on the Missi this spring and would enjoy sharing a boat or bank. I want to explore more upriver from Hannibal and work the river mouths this spring. Stay in touch as I have enjoyed fishing with our members very much in the past. Hannibal Mike