hanging it up for the year

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Monsterkat11, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i don't what to say, i give up guys!

summertime i could probably point you in a pretty damn good direction of where the fish might be but ever since late September i don't' even know anymore on the GMR, this has been a terrible year for us in our normal spots we keep on the down low, and a worse year for us at that spots that everyone knows about that have always seemed to produce for us. don't get me wrong we've pulled some decent fish but just a very strange year in general. so i think i'm done for the rest of this year, luckily we have a new top secret hush hush spot we'll hit hard next year and invest a lot of time in and see what happens. :confused2:

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    sorry to hear you are giving it up man... i know the feeling of a bad year though... im still going to be giving it a go on anyday that is warm enough for me to stand it...

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can't give up man! Trust me, I don't get out nearly as much as I used to, and the results will show! It may have been an off year for you guys, but time spent on the water is crucial! You need to be on the river even during the cold months, and keep up on the changing system. This does pay off during the warm months... Goodluck to ya guys, keep after em!:wink: rollo

4. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    i dont do much fishin in the cold either but after talkin with a few people they have me convinced that the cold weather is the time to get that big cat ibeen lookin for....:eek:oooh:

5. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    but what do i know im down here in ga. it dont get reel cold here. :eek:oooh:

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i hear ya man, if it wasnt for finding a new spot in september my year would of been a bust. Hope the new spot works out for ya next year

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I tried to respond to your PM but it wouldnt let me, it says your PM box is full.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After deer season I plan on hitting the Ohio River for some Blues. Feel free to join me.

9. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I was thinking about hanging it up a few weeks ago. I always get pissed off in the winter because I can't fish. This year I am fishing as long as I can handle the temperature and get to the river. Just find the deep holes and be patient.

10. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i hear ya. here in ohio, fishing in the winter sucks...mostly for the ones like me that are bank ridden. only way to still have some decent fishing is if you have a boat. normally im done fishing for the year come this time but since we have had a few good weekends i still have been out but looks like the weather will be going down hill very very soon so i believe i am done for the year now myself. good luck to those who will still be able to get out there!

11. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    just hit me up mellon, PM me if you lost my number.

i think i'm gunna take this winter as an opportunity to give saugeye fishing an honest try