Hangin my poles up for the year

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Oct 19, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am gonna call it quits sunday for the year.Weather permitting or not I am putting the boat up because my trailer is in bad shape and I am giong to redo it over the winter....Wheel bearings-lights -paint and tires I think I am gonna take pics of start to finish .......I have my work cut out for me I have some bad cracks and I cant afford to not let it go any longer.
    THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I hope to fish for a while this fall.couldn't fish this summer.Good luck on your trailer this winter.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Smart move. Do it when ya want rather than do it when ya have to. Have fun and be creative. Pics would be cool.

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Quitter!

hahaha. I will cry when winter is here... until then, fish on for me!

Good luck with working on it. A real pain in the butt that is!

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now Brian that hurts you sound like my uncle..............He says I gotta catch 1 more since the last time I went out I didnt:angry::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Perish the thought.....but ya know it is possible to fish without a boat. I seen people do it.
    :big_smile:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have to agree with Gary there is always bank fishing. Been doing a lot of that since first of Sept when boat motor gave up on me:sad2:Sure miss that boat though. Anyway don't quit just yet.Lots of nice weather left .You can always work on the trailer when the snow if falling.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Our bank spots are limted but I havn't ruled it out.Do like the boat better

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Kenny you don't have to quit, I'll take you anytime you want. Just give me a call. Later Andy

10. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Take it from a bum that cant afford a boat, bank fishing can be just as good. Good luck on your repairs.

11. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Kenny, with all that new gear, you can't hang it up just yet. Later Andy

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Andy I went out when I got home to catch 1 on the fly ....Had to try that reel out after I spent so much:wink: Oh and lesson in life leave the missus home when giong to fishing/and or tool store .
    Not good when you take her to:eek:oooh: I am in all sorts of trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!