Handlining with Coke Cans?

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by festus, Oct 4, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

I've saw quite a bit of this last spring. There would be a group of 5 or 6 fishermen with really heavy monofilament tossing out their line by hand using washers or nuts for sinkers. Finally I asked around and was told these folks probably didn't have fishing license and maybe not even American citizenship, plus they kept every fish they caught, legal or illegal. One day I noticed three gentlemen kicked their cans in and quickly climbed the bank and hightailed it out of Dodge. In about 10 minutes or so, a game warden came around checking license. He had checked mine a couple weeks earlier and remembered me. So I imagine I was given some accurate information.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i see those @44holes doing that here also.. .. i came real close to pushing them into the water the other day....:angry:

3. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I've seen it in Nebraska and Kansas both. what a shame,there's just not enough CO's to go around. Even if ticketed they suddenly speak no english,have no ID,and never pay or show up to court.

4. festus

festus New Member

I hear that there is a policy in place in Tennessee now that they aren't only issued a citation, they are also taken downtown and made to post bond. Of course these sorry judges around here will just turn them loose. :angry:

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i've seen'em down here in ga. at a small city resivoir(spelling)walking around with a 20 oz. drink bottle collecting discarded fishing line rolling on the bottle.then they tie a rock for a weight an old hook and an old rubber worm grasshopper or whatever for bait.they would use the bottle as a reel wrapping the linearound it to pull it in.not only are they breaking the law their to cheap to buy eqip.i say banish'em all back to mecico(mexico)if their illegal an the ones that stay obey the same laws and pay the same penalty.just my thoughts tho.:confused2::angry::eek:oooh:

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    hell, id watch that show :smile2: youd know me..id be the one wrappin bailing twine around the canadian hunter bottle

7. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Right on Preston, I agree 100 percent.

8. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    they do that crap in okc also.:angry: them s.o.b. need to get out of our country:angry:

9. festus

festus New Member

If they're American citizens and own a fishing license and abide by our laws, I don't have a problem with it. But when I see anyone, regardless of nationality keeping undersize game fish and ignoring creel limits I really get ticked.

10. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    They do the exact same thing here in Illinois and Iowa. I see them along the Miss. River everywhere. If you want to find the ones using the cans, just look for all of the garbage like old diapers and beer cans along the river. That really gets me P.O.ed also!!!!!!!

11. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    id say go talk to a game warden, tell them where they are, and throw in the idea of a video camera, taser, and a ghillie suit. what them sobs jump in when a bush starts comin for em. or, go get like ten buddies, wait till they start doin it, and walk right up to em, gear and all, set up, and jack their spot. when they move, say loudly," well, we aint gettin a bite here" and jack their spot again. keep doin it till they get mad, then accidentally tangle your line in theirs and oops, i HAVE to cut your line. then when they get mad, accidentally stumble and knock as many as you can in. then say" well hell, i aint fishin here, theres too much TRASH in the water. the place is polluted." lemme know when THATS on youtube. id laugh my ass off.

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Natural light cans work better. They cast farther.

13. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    I have not seen them doing things like that here. But if I do I'll call fish & game on them. And if I see them break any laws that not under fish & game rules. Then I'll call the county cops,even if it's just them dropping cig butts on the ground. Make it as hard on them SOB's as we can under the law. Then maybe a few late night @ss kickings will teach them to stay away from our fishing spots.

14. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I saw a fisherman intentionally snag one of their lines once and actually jerked the can out of their hand! :smile2: :big_smile: :crazy: Too bad we're short on game wardens in our area. I called one when I saw three of these poachers keeping undersized fish. He was somewhere in the woods trying to catch illegal turkey hunters. He had already found over 100 baited spots......I met a fisherman a few weeks ago who told me some of these folks with no respect pretty much wiped out all the good fish in his friend's pond. He said he works on the road quite a bit and can't watch his place like he should.

15. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia

thats sickening. pathetic losers if you ask me.

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Abuse to the laws never stops.

17. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    Here is something that we can all do to help stop this kind of crap. Take a camcorder and catch them on video fishing this way and try to get footage of their catches. As well as good mug shots & tag numbers of any and all the cars/trucks they drive. The fish & Game officers can use video as proof in court no matter who shoots the video footage. Make sure the "time & date" is set right on your camcoders. Watch their patterns were the head when the officers are on the way to bust them. Give all this info to the offiers along with video footage. Then the officers can set up and wait for them to coming running. This way the officers don't have to catch them fishing because they will already have proof on video. They just have to catch them leaving or by following up on tag numbers.

18. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    or jack up there truck and take there tires and wheels....then ask them to join the BOC:big_smile:

19. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    or, potato in the tailpipe, vaseline on their wipers, super glue in their locks, sugar in the gas tank, take their lugnuts andflatten the tire, or all tires, pee on the hood so when they start their a/c it will smell like pee(that might be like spraying potpourri in a potpourri factory), and cut their radiator hose. theyll be too busy sortin all that out to fish, ie, buyin, or stealin parts and workin on it. chances are they wouldnt wanna come back either. problem solved.

20. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    orrrrr they may have enough of them to skin you alive and make cracklins:eek:oooh:

i try to let people be when im out fishing..ever now and then ill yell at somebody but most of the time...its have fun with your can and sorry my 9 oz landed on top of it:smile2: