Handgun Hunters

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Duane, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Okay who handgun hunts and with what me small game only ruger single six customized

2. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

State:
    IL
    Deer with a S&W in 41 mag (215gr Lead Cast over 12.5gr of bluedot)

Coons I use a .22 ruger single six (don't know if that's really considers handgun hunting)

Squirrels sometimes with the above .22

Have a .357 RBH and .44 SRH...but I prefer that 41 anyday. (9gr of bluedot makes a fabulous 'pet' load but you've got to "lift" the gun to set the powder in the back of the case:sad:)

3. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I haven't hunted yet with one, but I plan on getting a .44 Ruger Super Redhawk.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use a Rugaer .454 w/ either a Burris 1.5 scope or a nice silver (to match the gun) Aimpoint Red Dot.

5. MilwaukeeCatHunter

MilwaukeeCatHunter New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Ruger .357 Magnum Stainless with 6 inch barrel. IMHO, a nice all-around gun that is also light enough to double as personal defense when I hike. I use it for deer hunting mostly. You have to make sure shot placement and distance are in your favor though.

6. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I've used a Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag. since the early 70's for an occasional deer. 16 gr. of 2400 behind a .210 gc cast bullet (kinda stout). I used various .22's my favorite being an AMT Lightening, and I've used the T C Contender with a 10" .410 bbl.