Handgrabbin

Discussion in 'MISSISSIPPI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by heavyduty, Oct 17, 2006.

1. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    does anybody out there handgrab at the rez? i have a few barrels out myself.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Traping fish to grab them when they are nesting and trying to raise young. I think not, it's not for me. In many states it is unlawful. When the young are hatched they don't have it in them to take care of themself, it takes a couple weeks for this sence to kick in. The male Flathead is there to protect them for this time peroid. If you take him the bluegills can wipe out the hatch in just a few minutes.

3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    it is legal in MS, we have a season and i am aware that they are tryin to raise their young. if you read some of my other post i fish for fun, and i CPR 99% of the fish i catch. I appreciate your post and sportmanship if there were more people that think about fishin the way we do we would have even better fishin. thanks !

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Scott, I'm glad to here you catch and release. As I see it this could be another sport that people could have much fun at and I believe others would have fun watching it happen. The way you do it protects the offspring and keep our Great fish plentiful. Wat to go. It's just like hunting. We have saved many animals by allowing hunting. It is a shame that so many people don't understand.