Hand Held GPS Talk

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by TOPS, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Do any of you have and use a hand held GPS?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Verlon, I have several, but my favorite is a garmin gpsmap76 with the Fishing Hot Spots software. I use it as a backup to my console unit, and when I'm hunting. Also have a Magellan and a couple of cheaper garmins without mapping software.

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    verlon, I have one of the new bushnell omni 200cr's that I use both for hunting and fishing. I love it. I can download aerial photos and or topographical maps onto the unit of any area that I intend to hunt or fish. Then I can mark spots on it and title them for further reference and to get me back to that exact spot if need be. They are great little tools. :big_smile:

I'll show ya mine when I get to De Gray.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have a Magellan sportrack pro, still trying to figure it out, My son-in-law would like for me to get into Geocaching, He told me Arkansas is full of those sites.

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Arkansas does have quite a few of those sites top but some are very hard to get to and find. For instance last year My wife and I decided to go to Petit Jean for the first time. Although it was breathtakingly beautiful it was very hard on us clammering around on that mountain. We met a couple on the mountain that was geocaching and they had two small children with them. I thought that that was pretty dangerous. They didn't even have safety lines on those kids.

I gues what I am trying to say is that I don't think you will enjoy trying to get to all the spots that they have cached treasure to.

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My son-in-law took me out geochasing a few weeks ago, I was wondering if any of you do this.

7. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    not me I just use mine for hunting and fishing