Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Verlon, I have several, but my favorite is a garmin gpsmap76 with the Fishing Hot Spots software. I use it as a backup to my console unit, and when I'm hunting. Also have a Magellan and a couple of cheaper garmins without mapping software.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
verlon, I have one of the new bushnell omni 200cr's that I use both for hunting and fishing. I love it. I can download aerial photos and or topographical maps onto the unit of any area that I intend to hunt or fish. Then I can mark spots on it and title them for further reference and to get me back to that exact spot if need be. They are great little tools. :big_smile:

I'll show ya mine when I get to De Gray.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Magellan sportrack pro, still trying to figure it out, My son-in-law would like for me to get into Geocaching, He told me Arkansas is full of those sites.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Arkansas does have quite a few of those sites top but some are very hard to get to and find. For instance last year My wife and I decided to go to Petit Jean for the first time. Although it was breathtakingly beautiful it was very hard on us clammering around on that mountain. We met a couple on the mountain that was geocaching and they had two small children with them. I thought that that was pretty dangerous. They didn't even have safety lines on those kids.

I gues what I am trying to say is that I don't think you will enjoy trying to get to all the spots that they have cached treasure to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.